AK2 seems to be dead...

dermuffin

AK2 seems to be dead...

Post by dermuffin »

Hello everyone!
I buy a used acepc AK2.

When i plug in the AC, the fan is starting with 100% and stay threre. HDMI, LAN and USB seems to be not working. The Power-Button also show no action.

The only thing thats woking well is the Sata slot. HDDs begin to spin when i plug them in.

Anyone have a idea what i could try to safe it? Try to unplug the cmos battery already. But its still the same.

Thanks!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK2 seems to be dead...

Post by Gabe »

When you disconnected the battery did you short out the two poles on the board before reconnecting it? The other option would be leaving the battery disconnected for at least a half hour or so before reconnecting it. This way any residual charge will dissipate and the BIOS will revert to its default settings.

Just in case, the video for the discharge is below. It says it's for the AK3, but the method is the same for the AK2.

If you've done what was shown but it didn't make any difference, the only real option at this point is to contact after sales support at service@iacepc.com. Make sure to describe the issue and what you've tried, including the BIOS discharge, to remedy it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “J3455(AK2)”