Secondary HD SSD not always visible

Quick Fix.
Metralo

Secondary HD SSD not always visible

Post by Metralo »

I added an SSD HD in the slot provided, I configured it as an additional drive in Winwows.
But when rebooting the PC the disk is not always visible, I am forced to turn off, remove the expansion, reassemble it and turn on the PC.
Doing so sometimes the disk as if by magic reappears.

Is it a hardware problem or what?
Attached is the BIOS version

Thank you in advance
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Secondary HD SSD not always visible

Post by admin »

The fixed disk needs to be inserted tightly, because there are often cases where the problem of the interface cannot be identified. You can use a little more force during the operation to let the hard disk be firmly fixed.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

admin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 am The fixed disk needs to be inserted tightly, because there are often cases where the problem of the interface cannot be identified. You can use a little more force during the operation to let the hard disk be firmly fixed.
Sorry, but the hard disk be firmly fixed, i don't move the pc, only turn off and turn on, and the HD it's not visible :-(
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

Metralo wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:38 am
admin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 am The fixed disk needs to be inserted tightly, because there are often cases where the problem of the interface cannot be identified. You can use a little more force during the operation to let the hard disk be firmly fixed.
Sorry, but the hard disk be firmly fixed, i don't move the pc, only turn off and turn on, and the HD it's not visible :-(
Sorry, but i need yours Help.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please tell me what your model is?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

admin wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:34 am Please tell me what your model is?
AK1
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If the hard disk box has been specified, or if it is unstable, the hard disk can be read in a while, and the hard disk cannot be read in a while. You can replace a hard disk box. Are you sure you have set up a hard disk partition?
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

admin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:33 am If the hard disk box has been specified, or if it is unstable, the hard disk can be read in a while, and the hard disk cannot be read in a while. You can replace a hard disk box. Are you sure you have set up a hard disk partition?

the hd box set is the one integrated in the ak1, in the lower part of the PC, I checked and it is correctly docked to the base.
The anomaly I find is when I reboot the pc, when it turns on again, the HD is no longer visible.
The partition is as in the image I enclose.
Attachments
Annotazione 2020-05-27 090009.png
Annotazione 2020-05-27 090009.png (210.69 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you try to replace another hard drive, it may be due to poor contact caused by the hard drive, if not, we will replace a new base for you.
Metralo

Post by Metralo »

admin wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:18 am Can you try to replace another hard drive, it may be due to poor contact caused by the hard drive, if not, we will replace a new base for you.
Hi,
I also tried with another HD, but the problem is the same, unfortunately I don't know what else to do.

Return to “Troubleshooting”