Upgrade to Windows 11: frequently asked questions

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Upgrade to Windows 11: frequently asked questions

Post by Gabe »

crazymark84,

I would try using the Windows 11 system installation download available on the previous page.

If you're waiting on a BIOS with Secure Boot, you may be waiting a while. 🙁
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
firefox2k

Post by firefox2k »

Hello admin!

Could you please provide me with a win11 compatible Bios as well?
Here are my data:

Type GK3V
Core version 5.13
UEFI 2.7 PI 1.6
Project version 1AUAJ 0.38 x64
Version 2.19.1268 American Megatrends Inc.

See attached screenshot.

Best regards!
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 25238 times
simdir87

Post by simdir87 »

admin wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:46 am
dragonpoo wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:13 pm Hi Admin,

I believe mine is the v25. My system shows a Core Version of 5.13, Compliancy of UEFI 2.7; PI 1.6, and Project Version of GK1V25 0.01 x64.

I hope this can also get a BIOS update for Secure Boot. I purchased it in June 2021, after Microsoft announced its system requirements for Windows 11.
Hello dragonpoo,
This is the upgrade file you need:

The upgrade method is already in the compressed package, just unzip it like other compressed packages. Hope this helps you.
This upgrade file is only suitable for BIOS whose BIOS version is V25.
Hello, i updated my Mini-PC with this BIOS but since this i have the problem that the PC will not start. i would like to have the original bios.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

simdir87 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:35 pm Hello, i updated my Mini-PC with this BIOS but since this i have the problem that the PC will not start. i would like to have the original bios.
Are you sure your model is the one specified for this particular BIOS update?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
simdir87

Post by simdir87 »

Gabe wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:34 pm
simdir87 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:35 pm Hello, i updated my Mini-PC with this BIOS but since this i have the problem that the PC will not start. i would like to have the original bios.
Yes I am sure. the pc started after the update. then it runs reliably as long as you don't switch it off.

once it's switched off, it won't start again for the time being, the fan runs but you don't get a picture. If you disconnect and reconnect the power supply a few times, it will start again at some point.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the problem is, so I would like to go back to the original bios to see if it works as before.

It would be a shame if the device were completely defective after a year.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

simdir87,

I would contact barry, who's a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. He may be able to help with the issue.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

simdir87 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:00 am
Gabe wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:34 pm
Yes I am sure. the pc started after the update. then it runs reliably as long as you don't switch it off.

once it's switched off, it won't start again for the time being, the fan runs but you don't get a picture. If you disconnect and reconnect the power supply a few times, it will start again at some point.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the problem is, so I would like to go back to the original bios to see if it works as before.

It would be a shame if the device were completely defective after a year.
We hope to do our best to help you solve the problem, please check the private message to share more details with us, and we will further assist you after receiving your reply.
6James9

Post by 6James9 »

Would anyone be able to help with a mirror or alternative to Win 11 system file as I am unable to dl from the link in the thread as quota limit exceeded everytime I attempt?

I've tired numerous times to fix driver issues after a forced reinstall and am getting nowhere

thnx
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

6James9 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:10 am Would anyone be able to help with a mirror or alternative to Win 11 system file as I am unable to dl from the link in the thread as quota limit exceeded everytime I attempt?

I've tired numerous times to fix driver issues after a forced reinstall and am getting nowhere

thnx
Try first signing into your Google account, then try the download again. If you don't have a Google account, I'd create one, sign in, then try downloading again.

Google Drive limits the number of downloads from non Google accounts, but if you're signed into Google you shouldn't have any problem downloading the file.
hermith

Post by hermith »

I have a similar issue but for an AK3V (J4125) branded as ACEPC and bought late 2020.

As this post seems to be relevant for a different model (GK1) then I am not going to download BIOS for that.

As this is a recent thread (the only other I could find has not been touched since 2020), I thought I would post a reply here. I cannot find any vendor support channels to use (which was a surprise). Every bit of tech that I have ever bought had some form of product support even if only a support section of a website and a downloads section.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”