Amp up your performance with Startup boost and find information blazingly fast with Microsoft Edge and Bing

Please discuss some frequently asked questions here!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amp up your performance with Startup boost and find information blazingly fast with Microsoft Edge and Bing

Post by admin »

I’m happy to share initial findings from our latest Beta build that a sleeping tab increases battery life by using 26% less CPU on average than a non-sleeping tab and reduces memory usage by 16% on average. This is great news for all you gamers and tab-hoarders out there! More exciting things are in the works for you later this year.

Last month we also announced beautiful new themes for Microsoft Edge, and I love to hear that Halo, Satin Stacks, and Wandering Fields are the top fan favorites. This month, we’re excited to start applying our modern design principles to Microsoft Bing with new experiences that are visually immersive and help you find the information you are looking for faster.

For those who already have Microsoft Edge installed, launch it and check it out. If you’re on a Mac or mobile device, download it and let us know what you think!

Without further ado, here’s what’s new in Microsoft Edge and Bing this month.

Make the most of your time online

Move your tabs to the side with vertical tabs in Microsoft Edge

I’ll admit it. I’m a tab hoarder. I like to have several tabs open at once to keep the right information at my fingertips. News sites, work reports, metrics dashboards, marketing plans – all of these help me stay on top of my life and work, but at some point, I have so many open that it becomes hard to find the tab I need. To make tab management and organization easier, vertical tabs are now generally available this month. Now everyone can view and manage their tabs from a pane on the side with a single click. This allows you to clearly see the tab titles and controls, making it easier to find and switch between the tabs you need, regardless of how many you have open. Pair this with sleeping tabs, and you get a browser built for more performance at lower power! To get started, click on the vertical tabs icon in the upper left corner of your browser frame. Read more about how our teams created vertical tabs and get a behind-the-scenes look into the user research and design that inspired features like vertical tabs and tracking prevention.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “FAQ”