Acepc AK1 Power Cycling on Start Up

Quick Fix.
Player 1

Acepc AK1 Power Cycling on Start Up

Post by Player 1 »

When I apply power to my unit the blue light immediately comes on. The display does not trigger on. The fan runs and blue stays on, the unit powers down for approx 1sec and then restarts again. This is all I can get from the unit. The power button does nothing. If pressed and held the unit powers down for pprox 1sec and restarts as above. Really frustrating that I can nothing another than this. Has anyone got any suggestions as to what the problay be. I have checked the bios battery and power is good. Other than that I've down nothing. I've done all the usual things of changing hdmi leads monitors etc but makes no difference. Getting the display to trigger on on start up has always been a bit hit and miss (before this new problem). Thanks.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Acepc AK1 Power Cycling on Start Up

Post by Gabe »

Player 1,

Is this right from the start, or has the unit worked properly before?

If it worked before and this is something new, I'd try a BIOS discharge to see if it helps. The instructions are below. If it's doing this right from the start, it's possible that there's a conflict between the monitor and the unit, though I don't exactly know what it could be. I have a unit (a W8 Pro) that works perfectly with both an older monitor and my TV, but it doesn't work at all with my newer Acer monitor, no matter what I try.

W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Player 1

Post by Player 1 »

Hi Gabe, many thanks for your reply. The unit has worked properly before, however getting the display to trigger has been hit and miss since Day 1, so I usually only put the unit into sleep mode as the display seems to trigger fine when waking up. When power is disconnected its usually very temperamental getting the display to latch/trigger again (usually several attempts of changing leads, settings etc). I have never experienced any other pc with this phenomenon..

I watched the video you sent (thank you so much for this) and have disconnected the bios battery shorted the two terminals for 10 secs and run again with the battery still disconnected but there has been no change at all. As soon as power is applied (power cable plugged in, not touching the power button) the blue light comes on, the display does not latch/trigger. After a few minutes the unit then powers down for a split second and then powers up again and I would say it does this a few times before then just running constantly...blue light on fan running but no display. Pressing the power botton momentarily does nothing, pressing and holding the power button for approx 5 secs will restart the process, but that's as much as I get. I haven't reconnected the bios battery but to be honest I don't think it will make any difference. I have tried two different monitors singularly and both plugged in at the same time, swapping cables etc, but it makes no difference.

I've contacted both the buyer (I bought as brand new from eBay but the seller just refers to the 1yr manufacturers warranty, I've contact acepc customer services who say they are just a service centre for Amazon (some guy called Service Nick) which is very convenient way to say 'not at all interested in helping you as a acepc customer'. The customer service is quite frankly crap and will definitely never buy another acepc product again.

Apologies for the rant, but the whole situation is totally frustrating! I really have never experiend any product where you have to change monitors, cables etc to get a picture and then have to open the box disconnect and short terminals like it's just a normal user stuff!!!

Anyway, do you have any other ideas or suggestions that may help. A nice big fat hammer is where I am at!! 🔨🔨🔨
Player 1

Post by Player 1 »

Have just reconnected bios battery and tried again, but exactly the same result. :cry: :cry:
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Player 1,

The only two things I can suggest at this point, as it sounds like there is something faulty with the unit, are either contacting after sales support at service@iacepc.com or contacting the admin of this site through the 'Contact us' button at the bottom of the page, or even doing both for good measure.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”