GK1 BIOS

Quick Fix.
souptacular

GK1 BIOS

Post by souptacular »

Hello

I need the BIOs upgrade file for my GKI mini-PC.

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GK1 BIOS

Post by admin »

After GK1 upgrades the BIOS, the product key will disappear. Why do I need to upgrade the BIOS? Have you encountered any problems?
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
souptacular

Post by souptacular »

Yes. When using Ubuntu 18 or 20, the WiFi adapter is sometimes detected but is "hard blocked" at the hardware level according to the "rfkill list all" command in the terminal. There is no hardware switch to enable/disable the WiFi even though the operating system says it is disabled at the hardware level or possibly the BIOs level. I won't be using the computer for windows 10, only for Linux, so I'd like to update or reflash the BIOs.
NepeZingo

Post by NepeZingo »

I'm on the same situation on Linux Mint, my work around after I start the computer is that I click on suspend, after the PC suspends completely, I resume and the the WiFi is starts working.

But, additional to this annoying situation, I just have a few options on the BIOS, and on start reads "evaluation copy". So I need to update the BIOS or something, and actually don't care about my product key since I'm using Linux.

Please, I need the BIOS upgrade file too.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The ubuntu system installed on GK1 cannot find WIFI, which cannot be solved by BIOS. It is necessary to compile the 3165 WIFI driver under Ubuntu system and then type it. You can go to a professional to help compile. You can also download the wifi driver under 3165D ubuntu from the official website of intel.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
NepeZingo

Post by NepeZingo »

It's not a driver thing, believe me I tried everything, also every other wifi adapter (USB), that works with every ubuntu without problem, is also blocked, even if I have the correct drivers installed.

Either way, letting the WiFi issue aside, is not why I need the BIOS update file, when I bought the computer I didn't pay for a limited option BIOS with a "evaluation copy" sign

I know you are trying to help, but what I really need is the BIOS update file, not for the WiFi issue.

I have two GK1s and one of them, the one I need to update reads "evaluation copy" and is limited in options on the BIOS.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please enter the BIOS and take a picture of the BIOS under the main interface. I look at the date of the BIOS date?
iplclint

Post by iplclint »

I am having the same issue where the wifi is showing hardlocked did anyone ever find a resolution?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please tell me your model and purchase time.
iplclint

Post by iplclint »

GK1 and we purchased them off Amazon last week.

Return to “Troubleshooting”