AM02, T6 Pro and Windows 11...

Quick Fix.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

AM02, T6 Pro and Windows 11...

Post by Gabe »

For those that have either the AM02 or T6 Pro, Windows 11 works well on both.

The AM02 fully supports Windows 11. I performed a clean install of Windows 11 Pro and it activated without issue. I used USB installation media created with Microsoft's Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. I didn't need any drivers, as all required drivers were either already installed with the Windows 11 installation or they installed afterward through Windows Update. The WiFi worked immediately after install, so you'll be able to connect to the net right from the start for activation and Windows Updates.

The T6 Pro does not support Windows 11 due to not having the Secure Boot option in the BIOS. Still, I installed Windows 11 using USB installation media created with Rufus and its Windows 11 requirements bypass method. Like the AM02, all drivers were either installed with the Windows 11 installation or they installed afterward through Windows Update, save for one. I can't remember which one it was, but it was not the one for WiFi, so like the AM02 the WiFi in the T6 Pro worked immediately after install. For this one driver I was able to install it from the drivers I had saved from the installed Windows 10 on the unit before performing the Windows 11 clean install.

Before doing any clean install I save the folder that contains all installed drivers, which is located in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. This way, if I need any drivers after the clean install, I can use that saved folder in the search parameter for the driver installation. I save the folder onto a USB flash drive. If it's only one or two drivers that I need to update after install and that I can't get through Windows Update, I'll get them from the folder on the USB drive. If I need many, I'll copy that folder directly onto the desktop and then get them from that folder, as it's faster getting the drivers from a folder on the desktop than it is directly from the USB flash drive. The driver folder is normally somewhere between 1.5GB and 4GB in size, so it can take a few minutes to copy to the USB flash drive.

Both units run very well with Windows 11. Being clean installs, they were actually more responsive than they had been with their Windows 10 installations.

As always, back up your system before performing any upgrade, whether it's an in place upgrade or a clean install like above.

For reference, I also have Windows 11 installed on my GK1 and AK3. They both fully support Windows 11. And, like the AM02 and T6 Pro, it runs well on the AK3, though I have had an issue with the GK1 with the "Your device ran into a problem" screen hitting a few times. I plan on performing a clean install again to see if it solves the problem.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”