Windows 10 Camera Missing on ACEPC Mini PC

Quick Fix.
davebcarter

Windows 10 Camera Missing on ACEPC Mini PC

Post by davebcarter »

I discovered recently that my windows 10 camera (the normal internal windows webcam) on my ACEPC Mini PC (ACEPC AK3 Mini PC Windows 10 pro, 4GB DDR 64GB eMMC Intel Celeron N3350 Mini computer) is not working at all - Windows comes up with an error message "We can't find your camera." I've tried everything I can find via google or windows/microsoft help to resolve it and nothing works - I cannot even find the camera in the device manager, despite looking everywhere advised by windows/google searches. I've only had the mini pc for under a year so contacted ACEPC for advice but got no response. I don't know when this problem arose as I only occasionally use the camera for a zoom or skype call every few months.

Are there some drivers I can download from the ACEPC website or elsewhere? If anyone knows please can you provide a link or any other suggestions to solve the problem? Thanks.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Windows 10 Camera Missing on ACEPC Mini PC

Post by Gabe »

Has the camera worked with the AK3 prior to this?

Does the camera currently work when connected to another PC?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
davebcarter

Post by davebcarter »

I think the camera has worked with the mini pc before though it's just possible I never tried it until recently. The camera is just the normal internal windows 10 camera (which works on my windows laptops), it's not an external camera.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

The AK3 has no built in webcam. Only when a webcam is connected to the unit, as in via USB, will Windows 10 on the AK3 recognize it.

The camera works with your laptop because your laptop likely has a built in webcam. Most laptops do these days.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
davebcarter

Post by davebcarter »

I see thanks that explains it.

Return to “Troubleshooting”