T11 plus update fails

Quick Fix.
prplrhd

T11 plus update fails

Post by prplrhd »

T11 plus vintage July 2019 was running unreliably on win10 1909 and would not update. Followed posted directions and videos to download new T8/T11 update from this site. Update seemed to run ok but now after restart, win setup asks for language and then system crashes and reboots. Applied update again, same behavior. Any suggestions on next step? Thanks
prplrhd

Re: T11 plus update fails

Post by prplrhd »

Nothing at all?

Nick in service told me to repeat exact same steps I had already followed, namely downloading and loading image. No change, system boots to windows setup and crashes after the 1st screen.

After relating this, Nick advised me "it may be a hardware failure. We suggest that you need to find professional technology to repair it."

Professional technology? Isn't that what I supposedly purchased? Who exactly is going to repair this? Is there another image out there that can be applied, or perhaps troubleshoot why windows setup will not run?

The system was working on windows 1909 image and now is a brick. I have no other image to download or attempt to reload and there are no instructions to "factory reset" the unit. There is no reset button.

Or is this the support to be expected?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T11 plus update fails

Post by Gabe »

prplrhd,

As an alternative, I would try installing Windows using installation media you can create with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. It'll either be version 21H1 or 21H2, but it should be fine.

If it works you'll still need to install some drivers, which are available on the file download page. They're drivers for an older version of Windows 10, but they should still work, and they'll then update via Windows Update if there are newer versions. Also, make sure to watch the driver installation video, as the WiFi driver requires a configuration script to operate, and the script and driver have to be installed in a specific way and order.

If the storage on the unit is failing this won't work, of course, but it's still worth a try in the off chance that the storage isn't the problem.

If it is the storage and it still fails, and the unit is out of warranty, which it sounds like it is from your description (the 2019 reference), there's probably not a whole lot that can be done, and finding someone to replace the storage would likely end up costing you more than the unit is worth.

You may be able to run Windows from an add on HDD/SSD, but it likely won't be very responsive. I say may because the T11 isn't really designed to operate that way.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”