GK3V: BIOS does not recognize SATA hdd

Quick Fix.
matt973

GK3V: BIOS does not recognize SATA hdd

Post by matt973 »

I have been trying for several days hdd 2.5 sata from 500 gb and 1TB, no disk is recognized by the bios boot and even under windows using "disk management" they are not found. It almost seems that the pc does not have enough power to start the hdd

Mod GK3V 6gb ram /128gb
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK3V: BIOS does not recognize SATA hdd

Post by Gabe »

One thing to check is to make sure that the HDD has at least one formatted partition on it, as sometimes these units have difficulty recognizing drives that are entirely blank.

I've seen a couple of examples of HDDs not being able to get enough power to operate, or at least that's the assumed reason. I don't know whether it's a problem with specific types or models of HDDs, as others have no problems with them. For a short time I used one in my AK3, which is nearly identical to the GK3.

viewtopic.php?p=5362#p5362

viewtopic.php?p=4615#p4615

The only thing I can recommend is contacting ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
matt973

Re: GK3V: BIOS does not recognize SATA hdd

Post by matt973 »

Thanks for the reply. I have multiple "gk3v" and recently everyone has this problem. It is surely a power problem because the SSDs are normally recognized. The problem is only with 2.5 sata hdds. I hope it depends on the bios therefore solvable

Return to “Troubleshooting”