GK2 USB don´t shut down

Quick Fix.
alejandro

GK2 USB don´t shut down

Post by alejandro »

I'm the owner of a GK2 since 2 years, which I am very satisfied with. But recently I have bought a peripheral that feeds and sends data exclusively via USB and only turns off when the PC does. But I have observed that in the GK2 this does not happen as the USB power cannot be turned off even when the computer is completely shut down. I have already tried by BIOS and there is no such possibility. So the only thing I can do is unplug the peripheral (a DAC). :roll:
Is there any solution for this?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK2 USB don´t shut down

Post by Gabe »

It seems that this is some kind of "feature" on these units. I think it's like this for USB devices that have the ability to wake the unit, but in certain situations, like with yours, it can be a negative.

The only thing I can suggest is a USB power switch. Searching that term on Amazon came up with quite a few examples. They're fairly inexpensive.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

Thank you very much for your answer! I had already thought about that solution, but wanted to make sure before that there was no solution on the PC itself. Because it still seems unreasonable to me that all the USB ports of the computer maintain the power supply even after it is turned off. So I already bought the cable that you recommended to me
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

alejandro wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:57 pm Thank you very much for your answer! I had already thought about that solution, but wanted to make sure before that there was no solution on the PC itself. Because it still seems unreasonable to me that all the USB ports of the computer maintain the power supply even after it is turned off. So I already bought the cable that you recommended to me

Just thought it might be Fast boot. Goto control Panel, power options,
then
Choose what the power button does then
change settings that are currently available (click on it )
Turn on fast start up ..Take the tick out of the box
Fast boot doesn't turn the computer fully off at shutdown
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Let me add to this. After entering the power options, you can find the USB settings, adjust the USB selective suspend settings, and check. Hope this helps you.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

Thank you very much for the answers. But windows does not allow me to remove the check mark in Fast boot. So I tried through the Bios, in Boot and from there I disabled the usb within the Fast Boot options. Now I can't go back into Bios because my keyboard is connected via usb :shock: , which is disabled at startup. And the Usb ports continue to deliver power. Is there any other way to enter the bios without a keyboard?
Last edited by alejandro on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

Argghh not in the bios. You will need to disconnect the battery to reset the bios.
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

After disassembling the PC and disconnecting the battery, I was able to re-enter the Bios. Now I understand why you cannot turn off the Fast Boot: because without the usb port working from the beginning you cannot enter the Bios. Because the only way to connect a keyboard is via USB. A serious design flaw. Beyond that they are good computers for use as a multimedia center
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

change settings that are currently available

did you click on this before trying to take the tick out of the box.
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

I was finally able to do it. I followed your instructions and was able to uncheck Fast boot. I shut down the computer. And all the devices plugged into usb are still on. The usb ports continue to send power. I thank you very much for your time. But I'm going to wait to get the usb power with switch that Gabe recommended.
Although we have not solved the problem, thank you very much for your help. You have been very considerate

Return to “Troubleshooting”