GK1 and Windows 11 error screens

Quick Fix.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

GK1 and Windows 11 error screens

Post by Gabe »

Has anyone else experienced a problem with Windows 11 and their GK1? I have a GK1 I got in Feb 2020. It's the J4105 model with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. It fully supports Windows 11.

Last week I got my first ever "Your PC ran into a problem" screen. I don't remember what the Stop Code was, but it restarted and everything was fine. During yesterday's Patch Tuesday update the screen happened again during the tail end of the update install, only this time it happened three times in a row. The first time, which was during the update, it didn't start back up after it automatically went to restart. I had to cut the power and then start it again. During startup the second one happened. This time it restarted, went through an automatic fix of some type, then started normally. I then went online to check out the two Stop Codes I had gotten and BAM, it hit a third time. This time it restarted. I then manually initiated a restart and after it came back on it was okay. I used it for about another twenty or thirty minutes without issue.

Again, last week's was my first ever "Your PC ran into a problem" screen, and actually my first error screen of any kind in nearly 20 years, and this is with using multiple computers over the years. The last time I got an error like this it was a BSOD with Windows Me. Maybe I've just been lucky.

With last night's three error screens, the Stop Codes were (in order)...

- Kernel Security Check Failure
- Driver Overran Stack Buffer
- IRQL Not Less or Equal

After researching these it appears the problem is tied to one or more drivers, though trying to figure out which could be a nightmare. I think I'm just going to reinstall Windows 11 again and see what happens. After install and Windows update I had run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and updated a few drivers, which I know can be a bad idea with mini PCs. This time I'll just keep whatever driver updates Windows Update gives me and refrain from running the Intel tool.

Again, I was just curious if anyone else had a similar problem with a similar model and specs. I don't rely on this unit, so it's not a major problem.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
simonelombardo

Re: GK1 and Windows 11 error screens

Post by simonelombardo »

-
Last edited by simonelombardo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Thanks for the info. I'll actually run that Driver Verifier when I next have the computer connected to see if it finds anything amiss.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

Did you try Core temp, it does sound like overheating.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Servo128 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:26 pm Did you try Core temp, it does sound like overheating.
Yep. I always install Core Temp in these mini PCs. At the time it failed it was in the 50C range.
gtn357

Post by gtn357 »

Yes, I'm having the same problem with BSOD. Same errors you have and 2 more. Sometimes go for an hour no problem then Bam freeze shut down restart.

Return to “Troubleshooting”