USB related devices disappear after a short period of time

Quick Fix.
JCMCD

USB related devices disappear after a short period of time

Post by JCMCD »

I recently bought a T11 to run a single application that receives MIDI data from another networked computer over my lan and passes it via usb to a USB connected multiport midi i/o unit. Th midi i/o unit has 16 input ports and 16 output ports. The overall device shows as a controller in the Sound, Video and game controllers section of Device Manager and each port shows as a software device under Software Devices in Device Manager.
When I boot the system, everything works as expected and I can map routes to the ports in the application and I can see all the ports as selectable ports in other Midi testing tools.
However, within 30 minutes or so, all the ports are no longer accessible from the application and when I use other Midi test tools, the ports are not visible as well.
Everything shows that the devices are still working properly in Device Manager but they seems to have disappeared from memory. There is nothing recorded in the System log or the Events log to indicated an error has occurred.

I did the same setup on a Lenovo M93 mini PC and also my laptop. In both cases the ports never disappeared from the application.

Is there some timeout mechanism that is dumping the ports because they sit unused for more than x minutes and if so, how can I change it.

PS. I am seeing identical behavior on a LsxvernPC with a different Celeron processor and 6 GB of memory.
The commonality between both is EUFI Bios.

Thanks
simonelombardo

Re: USB related devices disappear after a short period of time

Post by simonelombardo »

-

Return to “Troubleshooting”