No speaker sound

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
Phil456

No speaker sound

Post by Phil456 »

Hi,

I have an ACEPC J4125 mini PC.

I can hear sound when Audio Device - Headphones selected (albeit weak as have small speaker plugged in) but when Audio Device - Speaker is selected I get no sounds even though same speaker is still plugged in. I have gone through the usual Windows settings but cannot see why. Anyone any idea where to check?

Essentially, if I tell the PC it's headphones plugged in I get sound, if I tell the PC its a speaker I get nothing?? Assume it's a config issue but where??

ACEPC GK3V
Win10 64bit.

Thanks
Phil
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: No speaker sound

Post by Gabe »

It sounds like it's actually detecting the speaker as headphones, though I have no idea as to why.

The only thing I can suggest is to run the audio troubleshooter to see if it finds anything amiss. You can find it by typing "audio troubleshooter" in the search box in the task bar (or by right clicking the taskbar to find Search).

Edit: When you check in the Device Manager, does it indicate that there's any problem with the audio driver?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Phil456

Post by Phil456 »

Thanks for reply.

I've tried troubleshooter but nothing found. I'm beginning to think that Windows thinks that a speaker will be plugged into another jack but there isn't one. If I go into Settings Sound Speaker Properties - Advanced and press test, a sound is generated and shows on the Sound Master Volume bar graph but nothing comes out of the speaker.

Device Manager shows all OK. 3 Audio In/Out, Mic, Headphones and Speakers. Not sure how/if I can configure Windows to use same port for speakers as headphones.

Phil
Phil456

Post by Phil456 »

I just noticed the Headphone Properties Jack information - Front Panel 3.5mm Jack, the Speaker Properties shows this as simply - Analog Jack, and I can't see any way to edit. :?

Phil
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

I have an AK3, which is nearly identical to the GK3, and with the only difference being the type of internal storage (eMMC vs mSATA), or at least as far as I can tell. I'm able to use my old Dell speakers with it without issue, and it's likely that your system should be able to do the same, as I'm reasonably sure that the port is meant to be universal, as in microphone, headphones, headset or speakers.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the issue will be able to help.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
simonelombardo

Post by simonelombardo »

-

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”