Steps to reinstall the windows 10 system

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
jack ma

Steps to reinstall the windows 10 system

Post by jack ma »

Important tips:
a. You must rename your USB disk into “WINPE”
b. You must format your USB disk into NTFS.
c. You must save the windows 10 images files into the root path of the USB disk.

Step 1: Format your USB disk to NTFS, and rename your USB disk into “WINPE” as below :
Step1.jpg
Step1.jpg (22.76 KiB) Viewed 15453 times
Step 2: Download the Windows 10 images folder to your own computer. After done,unzip the windows 10 images folder,copy all the images files included in the download folder to the root path of your USB disk as below:
Step2(1).jpg
Step2(1).jpg (19.5 KiB) Viewed 15453 times
Step2(2).jpg
Step2(2).jpg (14.11 KiB) Viewed 15453 times
Step 3: Insert the USB disk to your mini PC , continuously press “F7” on the keyboard when the mini PC power up until there is a menu show up as bellow :(the USB disk name may be different as per the brand)
Step3.jpg
Step3.jpg (26.31 KiB) Viewed 15453 times

Step 4: Press ENTER to boot from your USB disk,then the reinstallation process would start running automatically as bellow: (It may take above 20 minutes,please wait it patiently)
Step4.jpg
Step4.jpg (26.02 KiB) Viewed 15453 times

Step 5: After Applying image 100% finished, then the device would start the first boot as below: (the first boot would take above 5 minutes,please wait it patiently)
Step5.jpg
Step5.jpg (11.35 KiB) Viewed 15453 times

Step 6: After the first boot,you get a fresh windows 10 to set up as follow:
Step6.jpg
Step6.jpg (13.05 KiB) Viewed 15453 times
Please contact us back if you need any further assistance !!
PS: Reinstalling the system will cause all information to be lost!
noel

Re: Steps to reinstall the windows 10 system

Post by noel »

Not knowing exactly what customizations were applied to the custom ACEPC images, I just built generic Win10 1909 media using Microsoft's Media Creator. Before reloading I backed up the original drivers to my USB stick using this command:
pnputil /export-driver * D:\drivers

You also have to snag a copy of the nvram file for the WiFi adapter using this command:
copy C:\Windows\System32\drivers\4345r6nvram.txt D:\drivers

Now boot off the USB stick and reload windows. When asked for a key I said I didn't have one and then selected Win10Pro (which is what my T6 came with). Once you are reloaded and back to the desktop, use this command to restore the WiFi nvram file:
copy D:\drivers\4345r6nvram.txt C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Then use this command to install all the missing drivers:
pnputil /add-driver D:\drivers /subdirs /install

Once that command finishes you should be up and running on the most current build of Windows rather than the two year old custom build from the ACEPC website. Once it was connected to the internet Windows activated without a problem.

Note: You have to run all those commands as an admin.
lgw

Post by lgw »

Are you able to provide a copy of the drivers @noel
I have also performed a fresh install of 1909 and am missing several drivers
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We are conducting tests and expect to optimize the 1909 system within a month because it has too many bugs.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
andip71

Post by andip71 »

admin wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:41 am We are conducting tests and expect to optimize the 1909 system within a month because it has too many bugs.
Well, maybe it should be done already for 2004 once it gets available soon.
I know already, people will complain they get 1909 and this is old again.
Unless there is then an easy way to update from 1909 to 2004 of course.

Just a thought...

Andi
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, Sir, I understand. We can only continue to improve Microsoft's mistakes. At present, only this version has a bug, and 2004 is still unknown.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
zogoibi

WARNING!

Post by zogoibi »

Thank you for these instructions. However, I think it's important to stress the fact that the Win-10 re-installation process with the image provided by AcePC, unlike the typical one we're used to, will wipe and destroy absolutely everything that the user may have in the system, including dual-boots, without giving him the smallest chance of chosing what he wants. Actually, the first thing the installation media does is to re-partition and re-format the hard disk. All else information is lost.
So, users be warned: once you boot off the created USB media, you're irreversibly commited to a "factory reset", not even needing hitting "Enter". :-)

[Note to the admins: maybe you'd like to edit the first post and add some sort of similar warning, so people won't end up, like me, losing valuable work.]
Unluckyluke84

Post by Unluckyluke84 »

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems in loading and installing windows 10 from USB with the method and images you provided: it claims that "Data is invalid" and is unable to copy image to "w:". Now I can't boot the system anymore. Tried with two different images (1809 and 1903)...any chance to recover the OS ?

Thanks in advance for your support

Luca
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tell me your model, I will send you the system file of the corresponding model, and then you will follow the tutorial.
Unluckyluke84

Post by Unluckyluke84 »

Thank you,

It's the T6 Z8350

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”