Foolish retailer

Participate in this forum section to become a super user who can experience our latest products first. What are you waiting for?
sleerf

Foolish retailer

Post by sleerf »

I find it incredibly annoying that Amazon is giving them so much trouble. I don't think I've ever had better customer support from anyone else.
About a two years ago I bought an AK1. About a month later I had to escape living with a crazy woman and got a small apartment. I didn't have anywhere to put it for a while so I totally forgot about it for several months. 9 months later I moved into a larger place. I found the AK1 in its original box in a tote of other similar devices, hard drives, etc. I got it out and hooked it to my TV. It ran great for about a month and died.....completely dead.

I had a total of 2 months use out of it after 15 months. Being well over a year old I figured I was stuck with it. I did feel that I should update my Amazon review to include something about durability. It wasn't a tear-down by any means. I chose not to use it for that time and it was in a box for a long time. It performed well enough. It just apparently couldn't take being double-boxed and moved around a few times. Fragile is the word I chose.

Then I received an email from ACEPC. They wanted to send me a new one if I could send them the old one so they could see what they could do to improve the durability! Well, I'm no fool. I agreed. They sent me a new one before I sent mine back. They provided a box with a pre-paid label. 12 datys after the conversation I had a new one. It's been runnign 24x7 ever since. I don't think I've ever actually shut it down. Just reboots and sleep.

That tells me that this company is truly interested in any problems they may have and willing to address them. I don't think one could ask for anything more. Neither Dell, HP, Lenovo, or any of the others (except Fujitsu who has also stepped outside the box for me) has ever done anything like this. Since then, anytime we have a customer who needs a tiny PC, get get them an ACEPC. I've purchased 20-25 of them over the past year for customers and as far as I know, not one of them has failed..... Well, The one that I left on the roof of the car when I drove off....it's toast.... but that's the only one. :-)

Return to “Super User Club”