Opening the base of GK3V Terryza 5 upgrade questions

Jake123

Opening the base of GK3V Terryza 5 upgrade questions

Post by Jake123 »

Terryza GK3V 8GB RAM and 128GB drive
1) How is the BASE properly removed after the four rubber pads and the four screws beneath are out?

2) How is the SO-DIMM RAM replaces (Is it similar to Notebook RAM?)

3) Can the RAM be upgraded to 16GB or 32GB ?

4) Can the M.2 2242 be replaced with a faster, larger NVMe module? What is the procedure for that? (Is it similar to a notebook replacement?)

5) What is the proper procedure for replacing and anchoring the washer and screw in the SSD location that I pulled out trying to take apart the case?
It looks as though there might be two locations the screw may belong - see image below and labels for 1 and 2.
Attachments
Washer&Screw.jpg
Washer&Screw.jpg (741.56 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
Servo128

Re: Opening the base of GK3V Terryza 5 upgrade questions

Post by Servo128 »

If you have taking all the screws from the bottom under the pads, the gold insert can come out. Where you took the black screw and washer from, there is 3 more black screws without washers. The whole motherboard can be lifted out and turned, The ssd can then be changed

You cannot upgrade the ram its soldered onto the board
Last edited by Servo128 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

1. After the pads and screws are removed the shiny part at the top pulls out. The gold looking thing in the picture. That's what the screws hold in place.

2. The RAM is not replaceable.

3. The RAM is not upgradeable.

4. Whether the m.2 slot utilizes SATA or NVMe only the admin can say for sure, but I believe it's SATA. As for the capacity, I believe it's 2GB, but again, the admin would have to say for sure.

5. The screw and washer go back in the hole at the side of the board, in #2.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Jake123

Post by Jake123 »

Thanks, Gabe and Servo128!

I learned that my usual practice of downloading the manual to help me pick a product did not work in this case (none to download)!

Thanks for the idea that maybe the bottom of the case does NOT come off. I will go back and try taking the top off. Maybe once I get inside, I can load up some images so folks shopping can see inside.

New question: Do you have any recommendations for a replacement case that I might transfer this motherboard to?
- metal ?
- additional fan?
- second ethernet port? (not sure what options may work because normally I would have read the manual and known the specs for available alternate ports...
Jake123

Post by Jake123 »

The answer was that you do not open from the bottom: you open the Terryza GK3V from the top.

Process: Open the top first.
Next, pull off the rubber covers of the base, and remove the four base screws and then pull up and out the gold SSD_seat from the top.
SSD_Seat:
SSD_seat.jpg
SSD_seat.jpg (785.84 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
Terryza_base_careful... Note two circled red soldered thin black wires!
Terryza_base_careful.jpg
Terryza_base_careful.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 3473 times
Carefully jiggle the Motherboard away from the back (two HDMI ports)and left (three USB ports) to lift out and flip over.
GK1_V25A motherboard (2020.12.31) with M.2 SATA GSemi P/N GSDSM128TY2F1QGCX:
GK1_V25Amb.jpg
GK1_V25Amb.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3473 times
Washer&Screw_placement - Thanks Gabe!
Washer&Screw_placement.jpg
Washer&Screw_placement.jpg (640.37 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Jake123,

From your info, the m.2 slot is SATA. What the capacity is for upgrade, however, I don't know, but it's assuredly at least 512GB.

Though I'm not positive of this, I believe the m.2 slot is SATA only, as I think they were transitioning their like format/layout product line to SATA for the sake of continuity. However, it is possible that the m.2 slot also works with NVMe, as some can utilize both types. Whether the latter is the case, or whether it can only utilize SATA drives, only the admin can say for sure.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Z8350(T11)”