Failed SSD drive (after 6 month low activity) and no response from support

Quick Fix.
Bulltop

Re: Failed SSD drive (after 6 month low activity) and no response from support

Post by Bulltop »

Ran Gparted Live on PC, Getting the following error:

Error fsyncing/closing /dev/sda: input/output error.

Tom B
simonelombardo

Post by simonelombardo »

Last edited by simonelombardo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulltop

Post by Bulltop »

Don't have an docking station, ordered one and will test the SSD when I get it.

If it is the SATA Controller, what are my options for replacement?

Thanks,

Tom B
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, this may be a problem caused by the damage of the hard disk, remind you to pay attention to the disk partition when you receive a new hard disk to be able to use it normally.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Bulltop

Post by Bulltop »

Are you sending me a replacement hard disk?

If so, when?

Tom B
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

@simonelombardo thanks so much for your suggestions, will try it out when I am back in the office.

For what it's worth I have yet to get an email from support. I know they received it as originally I sent the info (including full order details) to the support email on their website, but I noticed later that morning that the support email mentioned here in the forum was different I forwarded that email apologizing if it was received twice but explaining the discrepancy on the email address. Soon after (I think within 2 days) the support email address on the website was corrected.

I am trying to keep from considering the entire thing as a loss but it is hard to given what I have seen.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

skeptic wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:55 pm I know they received it as originally I sent the info (including full order details) to the support email on their website, but I noticed later that morning that the support email mentioned here in the forum was different I forwarded that email apologizing if it was received twice but explaining the discrepancy on the email address. Soon after (I think within 2 days) the support email address on the website was corrected.
If you're referring to the support@iacepc.com vs service@iacepc.com, they both go to after sales support. The admin had used 'support' earlier, then started using 'service' exclusively. I was following his earlier lead, but didn't realize he had done the latter. When I realized this I ended up going back through my prior posts and changing them all to 'service' for the sake of continuity, primarily for those who may read those prior posts going forward. I did so a few weeks back.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Bulltop

Post by Bulltop »

Further testing. I bought a usb to sata adapter and the drive from my unit doesn't show up on several computers
that i connected it to. I own an identical acepc and opened it up and took the drive from it and put in in the suspect
system. The suspect system booted right up so it isn't an issue with the sata controller, the drive is DEAD.

Please provide info on getting a replacement drive!!!

Don't send me to support as they don't respond to emails.

Thanks,

Tom B
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Gabe wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:12 pm
If you're referring to the support@iacepc.com vs service@iacepc.com, they both go to after sales support. The admin had used 'support' earlier, then started using 'service' exclusively. I was following his earlier lead, but didn't realize he had done the latter. When I realized this I ended up going back through my prior posts and changing them all to 'service' for the sake of continuity, primarily for those who may read those prior posts going forward. I did so a few weeks back.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.
No problem at all! In fact it was the opposite situation, the website showed contact email as support@ so I sent to that first, then I noticed one of your posts with service@ so, just in case I forwarded original to that address and then shortly after I noticed the web contact address was changed from support@ to service@

In any case, I appreciate your responses (knowing you have no ability to send replacement hardware on behalf of the manufacturer)

Many thanks!

Return to “Troubleshooting”