How to I clear ACEPC W5 Pro's fan from dust?

Quick Fix.
malwwwwwwwwwwww

How to I clear ACEPC W5 Pro's fan from dust?

Post by malwwwwwwwwwwww »

Hello, how to I clear ACEPC W5 Pro's fan from dust? Do I need to disassemble it? If yes, how do I do it safely? I haven't found any guide for that. It started to work slowly and fan is very loud because of the dust.
Also, will it handle Windows 11?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: How to I clear ACEPC W5 Pro's fan from dust?

Post by Gabe »

I believe you have to work the lid off by using some type of thin tool to pry from the side. Then you can use a can of computer duster or some other method of blowing air to get as much dust out as you can.

The T5/W5 Pro doesn't support Windows 11.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
malwwwwwwwwwwww

Okay, thanks, but after I will clean it and place the lid back, it will be hold fine??? Like did manufacturer foresee removing the lid?

I know it doesn't support Windows 11. But I've installed it successfully on one of my PCs, that also was unsupported, and it worked very fine and fast. My question was, will it handle Windows 11?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Whether it will hold as well as it did, or even properly, I can't really say. I don't believe it was designed for the lid to be removable.

I found this video on Youtube...

You could also try the compressed air without taking it apart, spraying it in the slots where the fan is.

Though it may be possible to install Windows 11, I doubt it would run well due to the processor the W5 Pro uses.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
malwwwwwwwwwwww

I have already removed it and cleaned successfully. Almost successfully... because there are two sides where lid didn't close fully. It is not critical (it is holding very fine) and even can not be noticed with eyes, but if you touch it you will notice that. Again, everything is fine, but a little bit sad.

As for Windows, for all the time of use I have tried many types of OS. Windows 10 LTSC, LTSB, 2004, Ubuntu (a lot of bugs) and still can't decide which is the best. Currently (already a year) i'm on LTSC. So, any suggestions, which OS will be the best?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Good question about the OS. I have a W8 Pro that I don't really use very much anymore because of how slow it is compared to a couple of computers I've purchased since getting it. When I do connect it it's mainly to keep it up to date. I'm still keeping it, however, with the plan of putting some type of Linux system on it, as I'm reasonably sure it will be better with Linux than Windows 10. I've seen a few posts over my time on here of people putting various Linux systems on the same or similar units, but I haven't tried it as of yet. Linux, especially the 'lighter' versions of it, tend to run better than Windows on less powerful systems.

With that said, the biggest problem with Linux is finding proper drivers, as ACEPC doesn't provide Linux drivers for any of their systems.

It's unfortunate that the W5 Pro isn't more accessible for cleaning, but I'm glad you were able to do so, even if the lid isn't quite back to the way it should be.

Return to “Troubleshooting”