GKV3 - Stuck in Disck Check Loop

Quick Fix.
Eldritch1969

GKV3 - Stuck in Disck Check Loop

Post by Eldritch1969 »

Hi all. I really hope someone can help me.

I purchased an ACE PC GKV3 from Amazon on 26th June of this year. It's worked really well until this morning.

This morning when I try to start the PC I'm stuck in an endless loop of disk checking, BSOD and then the PC will boot to the BIOS at which point it won't save and exit. The Windows Automatic Disk checking gets stuck at Stage 2 at the same 71% stage although at different points eg "508932 of 707462", "507426 of 707462".

It seems to me that the C: drive has failed? That said I've read that a Windows update has caused the same issue for others stuck in a loop.

Any help would be very gratefully received. I can't get any work done.

Thanks everyone.
Servo128

Re: GKV3 - Stuck in Disck Check Loop

Post by Servo128 »

Sorry to hear of your problems.
What I would do is goto
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... /windows10
make sure you have a 8gig usb stick and use the Create Windows 10 installation media.
Plug the usb into a port and press delete to get in the bios, then select the usb device.
From the menu you should be able to delete partitions and format the drive.
Rob
Eldritch1969

Post by Eldritch1969 »

Thanks Rob. I'm assuming that will then be a clean install and I'll find out of the C: drive is, well, knackered!

Any point in using the install files in the download section of the forum rather than the Microsoft tool?

Forgive my ignnorance. I am very grateful you replied.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

I've got to admit I prefer a clean install. You get the latest windows 10. I download the drivers from here, unzipped them. When windows was installed, I went to device manager and pointed the missing hardware drivers to that unzipped folder
Eldritch1969

Post by Eldritch1969 »

That's a very good point. I think I've worked out that the supplied SSD is duff and some read errors are stopping the Disk Repair. Next stop warranty I think.

Thanks for all your help though.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Eldritch1969,

I recommend trying to install Windows 10 using the installation files in the File Download section. If that is not successful, you should contact ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Eldritch1969

Post by Eldritch1969 »

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the advice. Now I've finished work for the day I was going to turn my attentions to trying to reinstall Windows from the ACEPC installation files.

I will report back once I've tried. I suspect it will be fruitless but if it works it might be a solution for someone else.

Thanks again Gabe. Very much appreciated.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Eldritch1969,

You're quite welcome. I too suspect that there probably is something wrong with the drive, but the install is worth a try, and the after sales support will likely ask if you tried it. Whatever the solution ends up being, hopefully you'll be back up and running soon. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Eldritch1969

Post by Eldritch1969 »

I think I'm going to have to call c: officially dead. The installation didn't complete. Diskpart failed because of an i/o error.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

I would send it back. I needed to strip mine down to fix the overheating problem, it reach 105c and throttled. But now it's fine. The ssd inside mine is a 2242 m2 ssd, if you decide to fix it, you need to check first

Return to “Troubleshooting”