GK3V cannot install windows, reboot loop

Quick Fix.
suyac

GK3V cannot install windows, reboot loop

Post by suyac »

Hello,
I just bought a GK3V and installed a transced 128GB m2 sata drive in it.
I am trying to install windows with the 2004 image I downloaded from here.
The process seems to run well then at some point on screen I see 50% setting up devices and there is no progress from that point on.

After some minutes the computer just restarts and I am shown with an error popup.
PXL_20211002_085631983.jpg
PXL_20211002_085631983.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 2975 times
I retried this a number of time with identical results.
I also tried to install the latest win10 build, did not get that error but there were no drivers installed and the experience was lets say not ideal.

Do you have any ideas what else I could try ?
Is there a way to in install normal windwos then just add drivers ?
Is linux an option for this machine ?
At this point it is just a paperweight ...

PS. the computer says it has a 6gb ram / 128 ROM. Is this ROM soldered in the board ? Until I added my own m2 sdd I could not see any hardrvides being present. The m2 slot was empty.

All the best,
Cristian
gadge51

Re: GK3V cannot install windows, reboot loop

Post by gadge51 »

hi...see what's booting bios....1 Boot should be [UEFI..WINDOS] ...... to load win10 from microsoft....make sure u change settings in bios FROM UEFI TO LEGACY.....[GK drivers are in file download]
press delete to get into bios..........it's learning curve for me to...PS...use wired keyboad/mouse
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

suyac wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:40 am I also tried to install the latest win10 build, did not get that error but there were no drivers installed and the experience was lets say not ideal.
If you had success using this method, you have a couple of options for the drivers.

1. Using the drivers available for the GK3 in the File Download section.
2. If you went through the setup of the unit before installing the new drive, you can save the driver file repository from the original drive and then use those drivers for the installation on the new drive.

I would not change any of the BIOS settings other than the first boot device so that it boots to the new drive.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
suyac

Post by suyac »

Gabe wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:13 pm 1. Using the drivers available for the GK3 in the File Download section.
I missed the standalone drivers, thanks for pointing them out to me. I will give that a try at some point.
Meanwhile I installed ubuntu and no problems so far.

Return to “Troubleshooting”