How to Update the BIOS of ACEPC Mini PC

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
jack ma

How to Update the BIOS of ACEPC Mini PC

Post by jack ma »

BIOS stands for basic input and output system.
How to Update the BIOS of ACEPC Mini PC 8-)

:!: Steps:
:arrow: 1. Get the BIOS files from ACEPC team (contact for the latest files), and it probably comes in an archive—usually a ZIP file. Extract the contents of that file. Inside, you’ll find some sort of BIOS files.
:arrow: 2. Restart the ACEPC Mini PC
:arrow: 3. Press F7 key, and choose this option: UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell
:arrow: 4. Press Ctrl Key + DEL key to restart your PC :D
jasper

Re: How to Update the BIOS of ACEPC Mini PC

Post by jasper »

Thanks for this video. My frind was looking for this video for a while.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

welcome for your compliment. :D
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
maleko48

Post by maleko48 »

Who can I contact to ask for updated BIOS for my GK3V model so it will even see/register the Sabrent Rocket Nano 512GB NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 SSD drive I installed in it? I am unable to see it in BIOS and therefore unable to format the disk and install my OS on it. Please advise! 🙂
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, GK3v uses M.2 2242SATA hard drive.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
zogoibi

Post by zogoibi »

jack ma wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:58 am How to Update the BIOS of ACEPC Mini PC 8-)

:!: Steps:
:arrow: 1. Get the BIOS files from ACEPC team (contact for the latest files), and it probably comes in an archive—usually a ZIP file. Extract the contents of that file. Inside, you’ll find some sort of BIOS files.
Unfortunately, it's not so easy to perform step 1 on this tutorial. All my attempts to get updated firmware from the not-really-friendly team have failed. If you have a contact, I'd appreciate you intercede for me and ask them latest BIOS firmware for T6. :-)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm very sorry, but I am in the perspective of customer consideration. We have kept the BIOS confidential. It is very dangerous to update the BIOS by mistake. Please tell me the reason why you update the BIOS.
zogoibi

Post by zogoibi »

For a number of reasons. The present firmware is rather... hmm... shoddy, to say it mildly. It doesn't perform well, its EFI shell is poor, it doesn't allow for almost any tweaking (and tweaking plays a very important role in the computing world), it duplicates boot entries randomly, etc. I want to make the most of the product I've bought.
Besides, all the other computer brands I've owned (quite a lot, and pretty serious ones), who are also very concerned about customers, don't have any problem in providing firmware updates without asking questions. Firmware updates are publicly available in virtually all websites of all computer brands, for users to do whatever they want. I am aware that if I break the system, that's my problem, not the problem of IACEPC, and I cannot, and will not, claim any guarantee. I believe that customers (most of all, customers in this forum) are quite knowledgeable and sensible enough to take the responsibility of their own devices (which we have paid for, by the way). I don't mind taking the risk.
I'm quite knowledgeable about computing, I've performed dozens of firmware updates throughout all my life, and have never broken any computer to an unusable state. As a matter of fact, I have already performed several different installs in my T6 system (several linux distros, Windows 8.1, etc), including a complete removal of Windows 10, and a complete reinstall. I'm presently writing this post on my T6. I know how to revert to a previous firmware if things go bad, following the instructions I find in this forum.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you very much for your suggestion, maybe we are too conservative, we will consider increasing the function of BIOS. Or you can find a suitable download in the forum.
First of all, please take a picture in the main interface of the BIOS, and we will provide you with a new BIOS based on your BIOS date. You can describe what features of the BIOS you need.
zogoibi

Post by zogoibi »

Thank you. I will do it in a few days, when I'm back home after a short trip I'm taking.

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”