No Ethernet (wired) network on AK1 machine

Quick Fix.
haracho

No Ethernet (wired) network on AK1 machine

Post by haracho »

Hello,

Just received my AK1 machine (8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD). Both in Windows 10 and Linux, I cannot use the wired ethernet interface.

I'd like to use the machine as a Linux server and without the wired network interface it will not do the job.

What can I do to fix this?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: No Ethernet (wired) network on AK1 machine

Post by Gabe »

When looking at the Device Manager in Windows, does the entry for the network card show an exclamation point, indicating something's amiss?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
nono

Post by nono »

Hello,

same problem here on an AK3V.
Ethernet interface doesn't show up. Whatever network cable is plugged in, there is no light (neigher green or orange). I've tested with several cables, including cables that are working with other machines.

Wi-fi is perfectly functionnal in Debian, but the mini PC behaves as if there were no ethernet interface. Too bad as I would prefer to use the advertised gigabit ethernet port instead of wi-fi.

The funny thing is that there is no option in the BIOS to set ON or OFF the ethernet interface.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

nono,

From the sound of it you're using Debian rather than Windows. The issue is likely related to a missing or incorrect driver. Unfortunately, however, ACEPC doesn't offer drivers for Linux distros, but hopefully others using Linux will see this and offer advice.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
nono

Post by nono »

Hello Gabe,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm running Debian, but I do not think this is a Debian or driver issue. I think the ethernet interface is either dead, or not made available by the BIOS/motherboard. An indication of this is that there is absolutely no light (green or orange) on the ethernet port, even at boot time, and even if later booting on Windows.

I was able to install the wi-fi drivers on Debian, and these are operating fine. I would happily do the same for ethernet, but there is no way to do so because the system reports no ethernet network device.

That is why I wonder why there is no option in the BIOS to activate/deactivate the ethernet interface.

I saw other posts on this forum with similar issues:
https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1096
https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1074
https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1023
which suggests ethernet interface is dead, but the fact nothing shows up in BIOS gives me hope that the issue may be solved with a BIOS version allowing to switch ON/OFF the network adapter...
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

nono,

You can try contacting ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com, but with having Linux installed they may not be able to help you, as they don't troubleshoot Linux issues, which it still may very well be. I understand what you're saying about the lights, which does suggest something may be physically wrong, but they may still want you to try installing Windows.

My advice would be to download the Windows installation file for the AK3 from the File Download section and install it. Then see if the problem still exists.

With regard to the BIOS, they only tailor them for customers who buy in bulk.

Return to “Troubleshooting”