AK2 - Red light flash upon switching power - then nothing

Quick Fix.
corno

AK2 - Red light flash upon switching power - then nothing

Post by corno »

I have emailed the service / support links, but posting here in case it is a quick fix.

I have an AK2 - worked perfectly for 9 months.

This week, upon turning the power socket on, the device light flashes red once - then nothing.

USB ports are still receiving power

But no usual blue light or response on any display

Any help appreciated, my guess is something on the motherboard .... the red light must mean something, but I have not been able to find a detailed support manual.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK2 - Red light flash upon switching power - then nothing

Post by Gabe »

corno,

The main thing to try would be a BIOS discharge, the instructions for which are below.

If that doesn't help, the next step would be to try reinstalling the system.

If neither of these things end up helping, the next step would be to contact ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
wwk

Post by wwk »

Gabe provided helpful information and I am back in operation. :P
Simannjo

Post by Simannjo »

Can anyone confirm what the front light colours mean?

I am having an occasional issue that seems to be reflected in the front light turning red...

A link to a user manual would also be great as I've looked but not had any luck.

Many thanks!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Simannjo wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:14 am I am having an occasional issue that seems to be reflected in the front light turning red...
Can you describe the issue that causes the light to turn red? This may help to get some advice in troubleshooting the issue itself.

As for what the colors actually mean, I don't know. I'm assuming it's supposed to be a much more basic version of the beep codes in a desktop, though that's just more of a guess, as I've only ever seen the advice to reset the CMOS when the light indicates a problem, not what the indication actually means, nor if there are different light patterns.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
barry777

Post by barry777 »

AK2 status indicator light
Steady blue: running;
Steady red: Sleeping
If you encounter other abnormal situations, you can send the fault video and Amazon purchase order number to the email: barry@minipcunion.com. After verification, we will further assist you in solving the problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting”