How do you get a CK2 to turn itself on automatically after a power outage?

carukc

How do you get a CK2 to turn itself on automatically after a power outage?

Post by carukc »

Hello,

I have several ACEPCs. a CK2 and several others. I am trying to put the CK2 into production but cannot locate a setting that allows be to set the PC to auto power on in the event of a power failure.

I have reviewed the content on your forum but cannot find the G3 settings that you refer to there.

I have searched for a new BIOS but can not seem to locate one. I have experimented the G3 settings in the Chipset area but setting to G3 to S0 (power on state) does not work. See attached CK2-BIOS-1.jpg

I have also tried setting the RTC settings to turn the PC on after a minute. See CK2-BIOS-2.jpg... but this does not work either. Perhaps because the system is never in S5 (sleep state) when the power is off.

How do we get the CK2 to turn itself back on after a power outage?

Thanks
Chris
Attachments
CK2-BIOS-2.jpg
CK2-BIOS-2.jpg (81.25 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
CK2-BIOS-1.jpg
CK2-BIOS-1.jpg (85.06 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: How do you get a CK2 to turn itself on automatically after a power outage?

Post by Gabe »

carukc,

Because the admin is almost assuredly going to ask for this, it would be a good idea to take a snapshot of the Main screen of the BIOS and post it so that he knows which version is currently installed.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
carukc

Post by carukc »

Many Thanks for the tip Gabe.

All of the Main screen attached so BIOS version(s) can be checked. 1 is the top of the main screen, 2 is the middle and 3 is the bottom.
Attachments
CK2-BIOS-version-3.jpg
CK2-BIOS-version-3.jpg (77 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
CK2-BIOS-version-2.jpg
CK2-BIOS-version-2.jpg (76.66 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
CK2-BIOS-version-1.jpg
CK2-BIOS-version-1.jpg (75.58 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

carukc,

Though you mentioned above checking on the G3 setting from what you saw in the forum, you checked in the Boot section of the BIOS, right? If the setting is a part of your current BIOS, that's where it would be. I just want to make sure for the sake of redundancy.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
carukc

Post by carukc »

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes... the 'Boot' section is where I checked first. This would 'normally' be where this sort of information would appear.

See the enclosed screenshot . Nothing there re what to do in the event of a power outage.

Do ACEPC normally take this long to answer a support request? It's been 4 days now and I've got to get this deployment wrapped up this week so if there is a new BIOS out there that makes it possible to get this thing to restart automatically it would be great to get my hands on it!

Thanks Again
Chris
Attachments
CK2-BIOS-boot.jpg
CK2-BIOS-boot.jpg (78.49 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

carukc,

Sometimes the admin can take a few days to answer. I can't speak for him, so I don't know why.

Return to “i5-7200U(CK2-8+128)”