T11, Instalar w10 ssd

chuso

T11, Instalar w10 ssd

Post by chuso »

Hola a todos

He ampliado el almacenamiento del T11 con la instalacion de un ssd. Como puedo instalar w10 en el nuevo disco y que arrranque el sistema operativo?

En el caso de que no se pueda, como puedo expandir C con otro disco. (he estado viendo hacerlos discos dinamicos) Esto daria problemas de arranque?

Gracias
Jesús
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T11, Instalar w10 ssd

Post by Gabe »

chuso,

Sorry, but the T11 does not have the ability to utilize the expansion drive as a system drive.

Also, there is no way to physically change the storage to something larger in the T11, as it's a permanent part of the system board.

As for dynamic disks, the only thing I know about them is that Micsrosoft is deprecating them from Windows, meaning they're moving away from them being used and/or recommended.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
witt

Post by witt »

The CPU of T11 is a low-end platform of Z8350 that belongs to inter. It can satisfy general office and browse online videos. If the system is installed with SSD, there may be some improvement, but the operation will not be much faster.
Pero

Post by Pero »

I have T11 and would like to boot from internal SATA drive instead of the on-board storage.
The BIOS AMT ver 2.17 Core Ver 5.011 has no option to boot from other drives.
W10 does not recognize the 2nd internal drive as a storage drive.
Do I need to update the BIOS firmware.
The marketing on the T11 box indicates you can boot from internal SATA drive.
Is there a technical manual for the T11 which is more the minimal little pamphlet.
Thanks
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Pero,

As stated above, the T11 does not have the ability to boot to Windows from an add on drive. There's no BIOS upgrade to enable this.

Now that's not to say you won't be able to find some workaround that allows you to do this, but it likely won't run properly. People have tried.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Pero

Post by Pero »

Thank you Gabe for the quick reply.
Why does the marketing says it does.
Second why does W10 not notice the internal drive as a SATA device.
Kind regards
Peter
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Pero,

If there's a site that's advertising that the add on storage can be used for Windows 10, they shouldn't be doing so. As for why, I really don't know. It's likely something to do with the architecture of the low end CPU and system board combination, but precisely what I don't know.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Hi Gabe,
Thanks again.
The advertising was on the Acepc box it self.
Can can it recognize the internal SATA drive as additional storage NTFS.
I also bought a GK2 unit in July 2021, does it support booting from an internal SATA drive.
Kind regards
Pero
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Now that's interesting. I wonder if they've changed something in them and the model you have can, in fact, boot to Windows on an add on drive. I still don't think it would be worth it though, as I don't think the architecture can take full advantage of the better speed when booting from SSDs like other models can.

With this said, it can definitely recognize an SATA HDD/SSD formatted in NTFS, and that's what I'd advise using for the file system on an add on drive you'll be accessing from Windows. It tends to be more stable than FAT32.

As for the GK2, that definitely DOES support booting from an add on drive. I have both a GK1 and an AK3, with the AK3 being practically identical to the GK2, just with a slightly different case, and I have both units booting from add on SSDs rather than the onboard storage. Windows is a good bit more responsive while using the SSDs. Don't get me wrong, the on board storage is decent in them, it's just that the SSDs are faster and make them more enjoyable to use. In fact, when using the SSDs they're nearly as responsive with basic tasks as my main Windows desktop, which is a home built Ryzen 5 3400G based system. 🙂

Many of ACEPCs models will boot to Windows from an add on drive, and do it well. The ones that can't, or at least not "properly" or well, tend to be the ones with the Z8000 series processors, like the T8/W8 and T11. The T5 and T6 can't, but they're stick PCs that don't have SATA drive add on abilities anyway, or at least not in the normal way, and not for Windows booting.
rap49

Post by rap49 »

Have to dredge up some notes, but it can be done. I purchased a T11 with the sole purpose of taking a laptop drive that had BitLocker but had been breached by someone and needed to stay off any network. I successfully used the T11 to boot the drive, decrypt the drive to retrieve the files and then reformat it without any network connection. It has been a year so recall is sketchy but I will get my notes together shortly.

Return to “Z8350(T11)”