T11, Instalar w10 ssd

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: T11, Instalar w10 ssd

Post by Gabe »

rap49,

What you're referring to is different than the main topic, which is using an add on drive with the T11 as the system drive instead of the onboard storage. While it does work well with many other ACEPC models, doing so with a T11 is normally a disappointing experience at best.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
markosjal

Post by markosjal »

There may be a solution for this:

GRUB (from Linux) on SSD

windows installed to expansion Hard Disk Drive.

I have not tested this on the T11.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Due to the power supply problem of the motherboard, this is also not a good solution. The T11 is designed to be a power-saving, quiet and working PC. So something had to be sacrificed.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
Peterlai

Post by Peterlai »

Hi Gabe,

Just want to confirm that there is no way to use the added SSD as system drive.

Is it because of Intel chips (e.q. Z8350) hardware limitation?

Best regards
Peter
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Peterlai,

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I have a feeling that it's most likely the design of the system board, as in how all of the components are setup to communicate with each other, but it could also be due to limitations with the chipset or the CPU itself.

There was a discussion about this on the older version of this community, but either I can't find it or it's just not been migrated to this one as of yet. I don't remember for sure, but I think there was someone who did end up getting it to work as a system drive, though they ended up switching back to the onboard storage for the system due to the add on SSD being too slow for that purpose. Not that the SSD was too slow overall, but just when used in that way.

Units with the x5-Z8300/8350 CPUs tend to be slower and less capable than those with newer and/or more powerful components, but for some uses/activities they can still be a perfect fit.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Peterlai

Post by Peterlai »

Dear Gabe,

Thank you for the reply...

I do believe that it is wise not to spend extra time to study how to make the added SSD as system drive.
RIght now my use case is used as backup computer to use the interal eMMC as system drive; and then add a old 2.5" 120Gb SSD drive to keep the document and Apps (make use of Windows 10 storage functions). So far so good right.

As I put in another post, I will try to install Chrome OS/different systems later on as the trial....
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Peterlai,

As long as it works for you, that's what matters.

If you do succeed in the Chrome installation, please do let us know how it goes in the other topic. Lightweight operating systems can breathe new life into units like these, making them more enjoyable to use. I might try it in my W8 Pro. Though a bit different than the T11, they use many of the same components. 🙂

Return to “Z8350(T11)”