spontaneous reboot to bios

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: spontaneous reboot to bios

Post by Gabe »

dcluca,

Your best bet is to open it up and see for sure. Older models have soldered on, non changeable internal storage, but newer models have an m.2 slot, and probably 2242 rather than 2280. But again, your best bet is to open it up to see for sure what you have. If it does have an m.2 slot, I can't say for sure whether it's NVMe capable. It depends on the version of the system board, and really only the admin could tell you for sure, and for that question you're better of posting in the GK3 section.

The following video shows disassembly, and if your unit does use an m.2 2242 drive, how to replace it.

For reference, you also have the option of using a laptop (2.5") HDD or SSD as the system drive in the add on storage spot under the lid. This unit does have that capability. If you have a spare SSD for this purpose, it may even end up being more responsive than when it was using the onboard storage, though it depends on what kind of onboard storage your GK3 has. If it's the soldered on type, an SSD under the lid will almost assuredly be better/faster in comparison, but if it's the m.2 type, it may be about the same.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

micheldevries73 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:12 pm I have the same issue. I bought my gk3v early this year from amazon and it is stuck at the bios screen. I managed to boot a live linux iso from a usb stick and in the linux partition manager it didn't even see the ssd, so that tells me that the chip is broken. Isn't the ssd hard soldered to the board? Please let me know. Right now I am going to install everything on my external hd for the time being.
micheldevries73,
Where did you purchase your GK3V, you can still get a replacement drive. Please let me know your order number. You can send me a private message or send it to my email address: acepcforum@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dciuca wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:41 am Same issue here: GK3V model (J4125), it seems that the internal HDD is lost and no way to start Win10 (it works perfectly for one year).
Does anyone can suggest me the internal sata disk to buy? I'm thinking to replace the embedded hd with a new (better) one. thanks
Hi, dciuca
You can go to the BIOS screen and then take a screenshot of the picture under the BOOT option. Let me check if your boot options are OK.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
dciuca

Post by dciuca »

admin wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:50 am
dciuca wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:41 am Same issue here: GK3V model (J4125), it seems that the internal HDD is lost and no way to start Win10 (it works perfectly for one year).
Does anyone can suggest me the internal sata disk to buy? I'm thinking to replace the embedded hd with a new (better) one. thanks
Hi, dciuca
You can go to the BIOS screen and then take a screenshot of the picture under the BOOT option. Let me check if your boot options are OK.
Hi, thanks for your support. Yes my BIOS options are OK (I checked that the BOOT order).
I also tried taking the M.2 SSD Hoodisk off and putting it back on but same results, the M.2 SSD seems dead. Now I posted a new question in the GK3 section of the forum to understand what's the best choice to SSD replacement (only SATA or another M.2?)

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”