spontaneous reboot to bios

Come here to find solutions to difficult problems!
Ettu

spontaneous reboot to bios

Post by Ettu »

Purchased in May 2021
Worked well for a while
Is now restarting itself and booting to bios.
Turning off and restarting boots to bios
I can get it to restart properly to operating system by turning off, removing power, then restoring power and restarting,
But then, at unpredictable times it will again restart itself and boot to bios.

Mini PC, Windows 10 Pro(64-bit) Intel Celeron J3455 Processor(up to 2.3GHz) Mini Computer,8GB DDR3 120GB SSD,Dual Display at 4K HD,2.4G+5G Dual-Band WiFi,Gigabit Ethernet,BT 4.2
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: spontaneous reboot to bios

Post by Gabe »

Ettu,

I would first check to ensure that the Windows Boot Manager shows as the first boot item in the Boot section of the BIOS. If it's not, try setting it to such and save an exit. If it doesn't show this, or if the former doesn't make any difference, I would try reinstalling the operating system, but without knowing your model I can direct you to the specific system download for that unit.

There should be a model number listed on either the bottom of the unit or the bottom of the box the unit came in. Or, if you have a picture of the unit, that may help in the model determination as well.

If you do find a model number, you can download the system from the File Download section. If you can find it, and you can take a picture of the unit, please post it in a reply so we can determine which model you have.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Cbc33

Post by Cbc33 »

I'm having the same problem since monday.
It only boot to BIOS, no matter what configuration or boot order I chose.

It boots from a USB stick, but the internal SSD is not correctly detected (loaded Ubuntu from usb stick).
Windows USB Stick show an error when trying to fix boot problems.

I guess it's a problem with the internal "SSD"?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Cbc33,

I would try the same thing I suggested to Ettu. If it doesn't work, I would contact ACEPC after sales support at service@iacepc.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
digitalalliance

Post by digitalalliance »

This is a recurring theme with many ACEPC's, particularly the AK2, of which I have three. Two of them have done this. If you check the board, the biggest issue going in nearly every thread is booting to BIOS and losing the hard drive. ACEPC, as far as I know, have not rolled out any firmware fix for this. They'll tell you how to fix your own pc, but this shouldn't be happening on new PC's. Don't expect this issue to go away anytime soon.
Ettu

Post by Ettu »

Thanks Gabe,
The model = AK2
The boot order is correct (SSD first)
I'll see what I can do about reinstalling the O.S.
Just very odd that it spontaneously decides to reboot itself to the bios, unpredictably, anywhere in the midst of a normal use session.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Ettu,

I do hope that it solves the issue. But, in the event that you're still having the same problem after system reinstallation, like I had mentioned to Cbc33, I would contact ACEPC after sales support to see what they can do. Being only two months old I have no doubt they'll do whatever it takes to get you back up and running again. Plus, it'd be under warranty, so they're obligated to. LOL. They're at service@iacepc.com.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

digitalalliance wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:41 am This is a recurring theme with many ACEPC's, particularly the AK2, of which I have three. Two of them have done this. If you check the board, the biggest issue going in nearly every thread is booting to BIOS and losing the hard drive. ACEPC, as far as I know, have not rolled out any firmware fix for this. They'll tell you how to fix your own pc, but this shouldn't be happening on new PC's. Don't expect this issue to go away anytime soon.
I am very sorry for the trouble you have encountered. This is due to a quality problem with our hard drive supplier. We have terminated the cooperation in time and will use tigo hard drives uniformly. This measure has been implemented in early July, and customers who purchase after that will no longer encounter this problem.
Suppose this problem now plagues you. I will actively connect with you. You can enjoy the first-line brand hard drive replacement. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. And thank you all for your support of the ACEPC brand.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
micheldevries73

Post by micheldevries73 »

I have the same issue. I bought my gk3v early this year from amazon and it is stuck at the bios screen. I managed to boot a live linux iso from a usb stick and in the linux partition manager it didn't even see the ssd, so that tells me that the chip is broken. Isn't the ssd hard soldered to the board? Please let me know. Right now I am going to install everything on my external hd for the time being.
dciuca

Post by dciuca »

Same issue here: GK3V model (J4125), it seems that the internal HDD is lost and no way to start Win10 (it works perfectly for one year).
Does anyone can suggest me the internal sata disk to buy? I'm thinking to replace the embedded hd with a new (better) one. thanks

Return to “Computer Technology Zone”