When will the official version of Windows 11 come out and when will the update time be?

Please discuss some frequently asked questions here!
witt

When will the official version of Windows 11 come out and when will the update time be?

Post by witt »

After Microsoft released the Windows 11 system on June 24, many users can’t wait to update the system to Windows 11, but when can we upgrade to the official version of Windows 11?

Microsoft released the Windows 11 system at 23:00 on June 24, and pushed a test version to some users after the release, and the official version that everyone is concerned about may be pushed during the Christmas holiday 2021, but the specific date has not yet been known .

Many users think that Microsoft will ship Windows 11 in the summer, but it is not. According to the Windows 10 upgrade strategy, the fastest we can receive the official version push is the end of the year.

If you want to use the Windows 11 system in advance, you can get the beta version push through the Windows Insider preview program. You can join the preview experience program on the Microsoft official website. However, it is not 100% upgradeable after joining, and only the test version is pushed for some users.
The official version of Windows 11 is about to be released, and it is a free upgrade. Many friends can't wait, but there are hard requirements for the upgrade system. Many users don't know how to check their TPM version. Let me introduce it to you.

1, press Windows+R at the same time, a running dialog box will appear, click the dialog box and enter [tpm.msc] in it;

2. Check whether the TPM is ready for use in the [Status] column of the pop-up dialog box;

3. In the lower right corner, you can view the corresponding specification version of the TPN.

Open the [Device Manager], and check whether the trusted platform template 2.0 is installed on the computer at the bottom of the [Security Device] option.

The above is all the content of how to read the computer TPM version, I hope the above content can help my friends.
wingers

Re: When will the official version of Windows 11 come out and when will the update time be?

Post by wingers »

Got 3 AcePC mini PC's here and none of them have a TPM showing so that rules out running Windows 11 on them - shame as only bought them a few months ago...
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: When will the official version of Windows 11 come out and when will the update time be?

Post by Gabe »

wingers wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:51 pm Got 3 AcePC mini PC's here and none of them have a TPM showing so that rules out running Windows 11 on them - shame as only bought them a few months ago...
Not necessarily. Depending on the model, fTPM may be available in the BIOS to enable. However, you'd still need it to support Secure Boot, which at this point I believe is the more difficult issue.

With this said, again depending on the model, there may be firmware/BIOS upgrades available in the future to enable both fTPM and Secure Boot.

ACEPC has to first get their hands on a the official public release version of Windows 11 in order to know just what units will run it, if any, and what modifications will be needed to do so, and that likely won't happen until later this year. A beta version "may" help them, but it's the official release that they'd really need to know for sure.

Unfortunately, it's already predictable that no x5 Z8350 based models will support Windows 11. This would be the T/W models, as they currently are.

Keep in mind, however, that Windows 10 will still receive security updates through at least late 2025.

I currently have four ACEPCs. One that will likely never support W11 (a T8) and three others that don't currently, but may in the future. The way I look at it, however, is that for a considerably low cost PC, they're still worth it, even if they're only "good" for another 4+ years.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
wingers

Post by wingers »

Fair point

I bought mine specifically for testing purposes for software development so no use to me if can't run latest versions of Windows

I have 2 x AK3 with Intel Celeron K4125 and 1 x CK2 with Intel Core i5
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Gabe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:16 am ACEPC has to first get their hands on a the official public release version of Windows 11 in order to know just what units will run it, if any, and what modifications will be needed to do so, and that likely won't happen until later this year. A beta version "may" help them, but it's the official release that they'd really need to know for sure.
Minor correction, hardware vendors use the pre-release versions to test, so they are able to support the OS on release day. While the official release could change from today's beta version, most of the hardware compatibility is meant to be tested now, so Microsoft can focus on software issues.

I also hope they are able to address some of these questions in a BIOS update. TPM is supported, and from my understanding of Secure Boot, it would require a BIOS update with certificates to allow digital signing of the software at pre-boot time.
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

dragonpoo wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:39 pm Minor correction, hardware vendors use the pre-release versions to test, so they are able to support the OS on release day. While the official release could change from today's beta version, most of the hardware compatibility is meant to be tested now, so Microsoft can focus on software issues.
It will very likely be a number of months after Windows 11's public release before ACEPC releases the first Windows 11 system for any of their current units that will support it.

There's no doubt they are studying the beta version(s), but the public version is what they will ensure works with their units, and that will take time, just as it has for their units with every past Windows release.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

Gabe wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:00 pm
dragonpoo wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:39 pm Minor correction, hardware vendors use the pre-release versions to test, so they are able to support the OS on release day. While the official release could change from today's beta version, most of the hardware compatibility is meant to be tested now, so Microsoft can focus on software issues.
It will very likely be a number of months after Windows 11's public release before ACEPC releases the first Windows 11 system for any of their current units that will support it.

There's no doubt they are studying the beta version(s), but the public version is what they will ensure works with their units, and that will take time, just as it has for their units with every past Windows release.
Yeah, I totally agree with you; it could be some time after Windows 11's official release before any ACEPC properly supports it, or before they start releasing new hardware for it.

I think my biggest concern with witt's initial comment was when he said, "...Microsoft released the Windows 11 system on June 24..." - Microsoft did not actually release Win11 then, they just announced it. (I'm sure you agree, Gabe, but I just wanted to clarify that.)

Personally, I'm tempted to join the insider program and try installing it on my own. I got TPM enabled so the only setting I don't have enabled is Secure Boot, and if it'll install without that, I'd be happy anyway. I just hope we can get some of the current models to officially support it.
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am very sorry that you cannot experience the WIN11 system in advance. The current win11 system is in the initial testing stage, and there are many BUGs. We will track and report the test progress of the Win11 system. Please look forward to it. It about time for mini pc to upgrade to the latest system. It will be provided to you in the middle of the Win11 test.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “FAQ”