GK3 Secure boot bios update

Quick Fix.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK3 Secure boot bios update

Post by Gabe »

NonExit wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 am The TPM 2.0 version is present, just activate it from the bios, instead of the secure boot no trace, I hope for an update by the manufacturer
As of current, both TPM and Secure Boot are requirements for W11.

ACEPC is fully aware of the requirements. Whether the GK3 or other current systems will or can receive BIOS updates that will enable them to run Windows 11, only time will tell.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
witt

Post by witt »

antoace wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:00 pm
witt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:09 am https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1094

This is the system for upgrading windows11
So does this system image support Secure Boot?
Because beta win 11 can be installed also without secure boot and TPM 2.0 but Microsoft confirmed final version will require Secure Boot and TPM 2.0.
My GK3 has windows 11pro installed and it runs normally
nmeuret

Post by nmeuret »

witt wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:24 am
antoace wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:00 pm
witt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:09 am https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1094

This is the system for upgrading windows11
So does this system image support Secure Boot?
Because beta win 11 can be installed also without secure boot and TPM 2.0 but Microsoft confirmed final version will require Secure Boot and TPM 2.0.
My GK3 has windows 11pro installed and it runs normally
Not exactly : your GK3 as a pre-version of Windows 11, not installed using official install procedure. Will it work with final release ? WIll you be able to receive windows update ?
witt

Post by witt »

Many high-end CPUs have not received Microsoft's windows11 push,
stevesmith099

Post by stevesmith099 »

I too bought a GK3 never realising that it might not run windows 11, silly me. Surely a BIOS update will be released eventually. Why people keep posting that they have got a Beta version running, that's hardly the point when Microsoft have said that the public final release will require secure boot. I've tried the nightmare of changing to Linux based systems in the past with all its sudo apt get and all that stuff just to connect a printer or other peripherals, life is far to short, I spent hours trying to get a Brother laser printer connected and trying to get Linux to talk to my TomTom, good lord, I'd rather go back to an abacus! I just want to be able to put windows 11 on my ACE PC!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

stevesmith099,

Why go to all that trouble when you can just continue using Windows 10?
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

stevesmith099 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:25 pm I too bought a GK3 never realising that it might not run windows 11, silly me. Surely a BIOS update will be released eventually. Why people keep posting that they have got a Beta version running, that's hardly the point when Microsoft have said that the public final release will require secure boot. I've tried the nightmare of changing to Linux based systems in the past with all its sudo apt get and all that stuff just to connect a printer or other peripherals, life is far to short, I spent hours trying to get a Brother laser printer connected and trying to get Linux to talk to my TomTom, good lord, I'd rather go back to an abacus! I just want to be able to put windows 11 on my ACE PC!
Hello, the machine can also connect to the printer under Win10. That is for sure. Please tell me your reason for upgrading W11. Currently, Microsoft has not pushed the official version of WIN11. We will continue to upgrade the system according to Microsoft's footsteps. What you can experience so far is the Beta version of the system. Including the push version from Microsoft.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
stevesmith099

Post by stevesmith099 »

Thanks Admin. Yes I know that the GK3 can connect to the printer under windows 10, that isn't an issue. I would just like to know if there is likely to be a firmware update that will enable this model to run windows 11. As a customer who has recently bought two AcePCs one of which passes the health check (AK3) and one that doesn't, (GK3), I'd have thought it was a perfectly reasonable question. If ACEPC MINI PC SUPPORT CENTER isn't the correct place to ask, can you please tell me where is?
marcelh83

Post by marcelh83 »

Secure boot is needed for win 11. Please update Bios.
zummull

Post by zummull »

Secure Boot is an essential brick in security.
Since 2012

Please do not concentrate on Win11 but do concentrate on providing a standard system.

I cannot believe a System bought/sold in 2021 without this 9 year old security feature.

Please provide a firmware update

Return to “Troubleshooting”