GK3 Secure boot bios update

Quick Fix.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GK3 Secure boot bios update

Post by admin »

NitramG wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:27 am image.jpgMy project version is 1AUAJ 0.38 x64
build date and time 08/07/2020 09:55:28

my mini pc is a rebranded j4125 Terryza

can I flash using this bios to get secure boot?
You can directly upgrade to Win11 by reinstalling the system files, which is another method besides flashing the BIOS.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
jlavi

Post by jlavi »

Hello,

I don't understand what is happening here :
= simonelombardo has emptied all his messages,
= I see no link to download a bios update for GK3
= Mails send to support are rejected
= Some users have GK3V, GK1, 1AUAJ. Some have updated their Bios, some still have question.

Please, can someone from official support write a clean & complete answer to explain the issue and how we can get GK3's Secure boot bios update ? If update is not available yet, please explain why.

Please, solution by installing Windows11 by luring its test is not a long term solution.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

jlavi,

- Only he can say why he blanked all of his posts
- The BIOS is on page 17. It is ONLY for GK3s with system board version GK1_V25.
- If you're sending a photo, try reducing its size to under 500KB.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
NitramG

Post by NitramG »

I toredown my GK3v and took a picture. I found my model is GK1 v2.2 Will you please make an updated bios so I can upgrade to win 11.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG-3172.JPG
IMG-3172.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 102757 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

NitramG,

I would also send an email, as instructed here. I would also reduce the picture size to under 500KB, as it appears that emails sending larger pictures are being rejected by the system.

Edit: Have you checked the BIOS to see if Secure Boot is there? Some 'older' system boards have Secure Boot as an option in the BIOS. Interestingly enough, out of the four ACEPC units I have that meet the system requirements for Windows 11, only the newest one is missing the Secure Boot option.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
mtto

Post by mtto »

Hello, I don't feel comfortable in tearing down my ACEPC to see the board revision: is there any other way? Thanks
j11544

Post by j11544 »

jlavi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 pm Please, can someone from official support write a clean & complete answer to explain the issue and how we can get GK3's Secure boot bios update ? If update is not available yet, please explain why.
There was an official answer, but it seems that they are just giving up on any GK3 with BIOS from 2020 or earlier.
Only 2021-dated GK3 is getting the BIOS update:
admin wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:41 am Hello, it should be noted that currently, only motherboards that are 21 years old can be refreshed in the BIOS. Due to the large number of motherboard versions, we can no longer find motherboards before 2020 for testing. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, you can upgrade directly through the image file. GK3 can run the Win11 system perfectly, so you don't need to worry about the difference in the upgrade method.
A better company would find a way, even if it meant asking one or more customers to send in their PC for BIOS upgrade testing. :(
jlavi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 pm Please, solution by installing Windows11 by luring its test is not a long term solution.
Exactly correct, and that is the part that "admin" either doesn't understand or is choosing to ignore. Installing the 21H2 image file will let you run Win11 for now, but the system will be ineligible for direct upgrade to subsequent feature updates (22Hx, 23Hx, etc.). You would need to re-install the OS and all your applications every year (assuming that Microsoft continues to allow the Labconfig registry bypass).

ACEPC's "image file" upgrade is not a viable solution in the long run.
TechUser

Post by TechUser »

A better company would also:
  • Respond to emails they solicit
    • The image I sent was 88KB, email didn’t bounce back, and yet my email was ignored as well
  • Have the @admin announce and post the BIOS update for the GK3 with system board version GK1_V25 (thanks @gadge51)
  • Not include OneNote files (OneNote 目录.onetoc2) in the BIOS update compressed file
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

mtto wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:53 am Hello, I don't feel comfortable in tearing down my ACEPC to see the board revision: is there any other way? Thanks
Unfortunately, no.
mtto

Post by mtto »

admin wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:05 am
j11544 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:31 am Hmm... the file names say V25, but my board is V24A. Could be risky, so I'll need to look into recovery options before trying anything. :(
gk3v.jpg
I admire your cleverness. When the BIOS version is not universal, it cannot be refreshed. You can update it directly through our latest Win11 system. I provide you with the system mirror download link: Win11 21H1:
Hope you can have a pleasant experience.
Hello, sorry for my dumbness, is there a guide on how to use these files and directories? Thanks
Last edited by mtto on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Troubleshooting”