Ak1 mini pc problem

Quick Start Guide and Video Instructions.
dreamboxkid

Ak1 mini pc problem

Post by dreamboxkid »

I got a acepc mini AK1 that won’t go passed Microsoft set up what’s wrong with it ? Can I reinstall windows 10 ??
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ak1 mini pc problem

Post by admin »

Hello, you can add a picture of the question in the forum. This will make my judgment accurate. Microsoft settings cannot explain the problem well.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
charleytiel53

Post by charleytiel53 »

I'm having a similar problem. It's gotten to one screen and has been there for over an hour. How do I upload a picture from my computer.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

charleytiel53 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:58 pm I'm having a similar problem. It's gotten to one screen and has been there for over an hour. How do I upload a picture from my computer.
You can take a picture with a digital camera or your phone, then upload the picture using the Attachments and Add Files option. As in the picture below...

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 5.28.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 5.28.26 PM.png (58.09 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
actiftech

Post by actiftech »

dreamboxkid wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:44 am I got a acepc mini AK1 that won’t go passed Microsoft set up what’s wrong with it ? Can I reinstall windows 10 ??
Hi. Yes you can install a fresh Windows 10 install. Just have to create a USB driver following this tuto for exemple: Easily and quickly create your Bootable USB key with Rufus Bootable USB Windows 10
You will also need a win10 ISO.
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

This generic question reminds me of what happens when you start the system for the first time and it asks to connect to the internet to complete setup. There's a sticker on many of these Mini PCs that explains to stay offline until you complete the first time "out of box experience" and get to Windows, so if you're having an issue getting through this setup, make sure you do not connect to Wifi or a wired network, until the system gets you to a desktop.
Guzilla GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AceMagician AMR5 (Ryzen 5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | Kamrui JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | Kamrui AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | AceMagician T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

dragonpoo wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:16 pm This generic question reminds me of what happens when you start the system for the first time and it asks to connect to the internet to complete setup. There's a sticker on many of these Mini PCs that explains to stay offline until you complete the first time "out of box experience" and get to Windows, so if you're having an issue getting through this setup, make sure you do not connect to Wifi or a wired network, until the system gets you to a desktop.
What's a pain is that a couple of times I've run into a situation where, when it came to Windows 11 setup, there was no bypass. It has to be connected to the internet in order to continue. There was no way around it. If I remember correctly this happened on both my AMR5 and GK3 Pro, after performing clean installs of W11 22H2.

To make matters even worse, with one of them the WiFi driver wasn't yet installed, so I had to break out a 50ft reel-type flat LAN cable in order to connect it to my router, which is in another room.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
charleytiel53

Post by charleytiel53 »

Ok, here's what I've got. This is brand new, fresh out of the box. The only thing I can get a response from is the accessibility and the volume. Nothing else responds.
Attachments
20230222_215222.jpg
20230222_215222.jpg (4.13 MiB) Viewed 3738 times
charleytiel53

Post by charleytiel53 »

Gabe wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:33 pm
dragonpoo wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:16 pm This generic question reminds me of what happens when you start the system for the first time and it asks to connect to the internet to complete setup. There's a sticker on many of these Mini PCs that explains to stay offline until you complete the first time "out of box experience" and get to Windows, so if you're having an issue getting through this setup, make sure you do not connect to Wifi or a wired network, until the system gets you to a desktop.
What's a pain is that a couple of times I've run into a situation where, when it came to Windows 11 setup, there was no bypass. It has to be connected to the internet in order to continue. There was no way around it. If I remember correctly this happened on both my AMR5 and GK3 Pro, after performing clean installs of W11 22H2.

To make matters even worse, with one of them the WiFi driver wasn't yet installed, so I had to break out a 50ft reel-type flat LAN cable in order to connect it to my router, which is in another room.
Mine was the same way on the AK1, and now it's stuck.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

charleytiel53,

I think that there are only a couple of options at this point, as what you're seeing is most definitely unusual, as if it can't finish loading that page of the setup process. First, I would try pressing the power button to see if the unit shuts off. If it doesn't, I would press and hold the power button in until it does. Then start the unit and see if it goes through the setup like its supposed to. If it doesn't, the only option I see left is to try reinstalling the system. However, because there are a few different versions of the AK1, it's important to know which AK1 you have to provide you with the proper installation file download.

To install the system you'll need a USB flash drive and another computer to be able to unzip the files and write them to the USB flash drive. They're zipped using 7zip, so you may need that, or whatever you normally use if it can unzip 7zipped files.

If it's an AK1 with the J3455 CPU, the following is the W10 Pro 2004 installation file...

The installation tutorial is here...

The drivers, if needed, are here...

Unfortunately, I can't find a driver installation tutorial, but if you need it I'm sure the admin can provide it. If you do, please let us know. If you've updated drivers before from within the Device Manager, you're probably already familiar with the process.

The version of Windows 10 is 2004, so you'll have to do some upgrading if you want the latest version of Windows 10, but you can do that the traditional way.

Return to “Directions”