What material is the heatsink on the GK2 made from?

Quick Fix.
EClark5483

What material is the heatsink on the GK2 made from?

Post by EClark5483 »

Just like the title says, I'm curious if anybody knows what material is the heatsink on the GK2 made from? The reason I ask is because I was thinking of applying some Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut onto the CPU but this is not possible if the heatsink is aluminum. It looks as if that may be the case. Can anybody confirm this?
My YouTube channel: Phreakwar PC Custom Builds
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What material is the heatsink on the GK2 made from?

Post by admin »

Hello, I am very pleased with your inquiry in advance. We use aluminum heat sinks. Therefore, it cannot be used with liquid gold heat-dissipating silica gel. I hope it helps you.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
witt

Post by witt »

I use this and it works well
)YJ]85(%@YK`VK4D~BZO2KE.png
)YJ]85(%@YK`VK4D~BZO2KE.png (235.19 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
EClark5483

Post by EClark5483 »

witt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:09 am I use this and it works well)YJ]85(%@YK`VK4D~BZO2KE.png
What compound is that? Right now I am using Noctua NT-H1 on all my mini's. It performs quite well. It's too bad about the heatsink being aluminum, I've used Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on several of my HTPC ITX builds to keep my Ryzen G series chips cool, and I have used it on a couple laptops as well. I've been able to get the GK series mini's down to around 36c idle on average with the Noctua paste. My Ryzen HTPC's average around 29c at idle and peak around 60c, would love to get the GK mini's to that kind of level as well. I have been able to keep them at those kind of temps by de-casing them and putting PCB feet on them, but that's in my arcade builds. Be nice to see those numbers in the standard case.
My YouTube channel: Phreakwar PC Custom Builds
witt

Post by witt »

EClark5483 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:08 am
witt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:09 am I use this and it works well)YJ]85(%@YK`VK4D~BZO2KE.png
What compound is that? Right now I am using Noctua NT-H1 on all my mini's. It performs quite well. It's too bad about the heatsink being aluminum, I've used Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on several of my HTPC ITX builds to keep my Ryzen G series chips cool, and I have used it on a couple laptops as well. I've been able to get the GK series mini's down to around 36c idle on average with the Noctua paste. My Ryzen HTPC's average around 29c at idle and peak around 60c, would love to get the GK mini's to that kind of level as well. I have been able to keep them at those kind of temps by de-casing them and putting PCB feet on them, but that's in my arcade builds. Be nice to see those numbers in the standard case.
Thermal conductive silicone mud

Return to “Troubleshooting”