LAN not working - Wifi ok

Quick Fix.
cap10ray

LAN not working - Wifi ok

Post by cap10ray »

On arrival, the AK1 booted up and the (wired) LAN worked fine. I upgraded the SSD from the 128g to a 480g and used the System Recovery USB Drive to reload the system. That seemed to worked fine.
Once up and running, the WiFi worked fine but I could not get the wired lan to work. The 'green' light on the adapter blinks (and orange light is on). I disabled the WiFi and rebooted.
Under Network Connections I only see Bluetooth and Wf-Fi, but no LAN adapters. In Device Manager, Network Adapters, I see the BT and Realtec, and 8 WAN Miniport entries, all register as "This Device is working properly".

Do I need a new WAN driver?

Ray
witt

Re: LAN not working - Wifi ok

Post by witt »

LAN does not need to be driven. Are you confirming that this network cable is OK, and whether the network cable is OK in other devices? Replace with another network cable.
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

cap10ray wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:05 pm Under Network Connections I only see Bluetooth and Wf-Fi, but no LAN adapters. In Device Manager, Network Adapters, I see the BT and Realtec, and 8 WAN Miniport entries, all register as "This Device is working properly".
Can you post a screenshot of network adapters in Device Manager?
BUKI

Post by BUKI »

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue !!!!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, BUKI. Is your model also AK1? Looking forward to your reply, let me know if this is a batch problem.

I'm sorry, I just noticed this post now. First of all, the wired network is difficult to damage. Please check whether the network cable can be used normally when connected to other devices. If only the mini-computer cannot be used, it may be a problem with the motherboard power supply. Looking forward to your attempts.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
chubs2862

Post by chubs2862 »

Alas I am having the same problem with my AK1 4gbx64gb version.
After checking the bios out after loosing the eithernet port I found that not one mention of it is in the bios - its usually there on most machines as a realtek devise. I'm wondering weather a reinstall of the bios would do the trick and get it to see it again. Very frustrating. Makes me wish I'd gone for a celaton based Gigabyte Brix at £100 plus another £50 for drive and ram.
Is this fixable as I do not like using wifi at all.

Return to “Troubleshooting”