J4125/6GB/120GB

Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: J4125/6GB/120GB

Post by Gabe »

tonemapped,

That's reads and writes, not capacity. It's a formula that's used. It's not actually that 1.9TB and 1.6TB has been written to and read from the disk, respectively, but the way it's stated by the controller makes it look that way. Your disk is fine.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

tonemapped,

That's reads and writes, not capacity. It's a formula that's used. It's not actually that 1.9TB and 1.6TB has been written to and read from the disk, respectively, but the way it's stated by the controller makes it look that way. Your disk is fine.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

EClark5483 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:23 pm Guess I'll have to agree with the admin 1.4Tb of data is ALOT of data which would require another SSD/Hard drive be installed. These units do not ship with extra storage included, you have to add it yourself. If you have a unit with 1.4Tb of storage and it has anything at all on it, then the unit is not new and someone else added another drive. Myself personally, that happened to me, I'm keeping that extra drive and the data within now belongs to me. After sorting through my new 1.4Tb of data and seeing if there is anything of value, I'd then wipe the drive, and laugh at the idiot who left there old drive in the unit when they sent it back. Honestly do not think this is the case though because refurbished units are marked as refurbished before being sold. So yeah, something up here. Do you have a screen shot to show that this, what I am assuming, is a 2Tb or higher drive, being attached? As for the drivers, just do the windows 10 install and then do a system update, the drivers will install by themselves, those that don't will be found under windows update under the extra downloads when you click "VIEW OPTIONAL UPDATES". There will be a drop down box where you can select all the recommended drivers.
The drive is 119GB (128GB Hoodisk). The NAND writes are 1.9TB, meaning the drive had already been written to ~16 times in full before I used it. That is not normal for a new pre-built.
Gabe wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:36 am tonemapped,

That's reads and writes, not capacity.
I know it's reads and writes. If I previously wrote capacity, it was a mistake.

edit: Just checked and I can't see where I've implied the 1.xTB was capacity.
It's a formula that's used.
Which formula is being used?[/quote]
It's not actually that 1.9TB and 1.6TB has been written to and read from the disk, respectively, but the way it's stated by the controller makes it look that way. Your disk is fine.
That is a report from SMART, so it's what the disk believes has been used. According to Hoodisk (the manufacturer of the SSD, they use Phison controllers. I've never heard of one reporting that hundreds of terabytes have been written and read when, in fact, they haven't. That's certainly not the behaviour of other Phison controllers.
Last edited by tonemapped on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

tonemapped,

It's almost assuredly a code interpretation issue or similar. I would try something like Crystal Disk Info to see if its SMART display gives any different info.

I highly doubt that much data has been written to or read from that disk.

Perhaps the admin will have an idea.
EClark5483

Post by EClark5483 »

Ah, I understand now. That's what I get for trying to speed read a question. But yeah, that is an unusual amount of NAND writes. I question the interpretation of the data. Like Gabe suggested, try CrystalDisk and see what it says.
My YouTube channel: Phreakwar PC Custom Builds
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

That's the SMART output from HWiNFO, which is reliable. Will post CrystalMark SMART output as well later on, but I don't imagine it will be any different. Can post raw output if that helps (the figure is confirmed in the raw data).
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

SMART info from CrystalDiskInfo matches the info from HWiNFO, which is not surprising. Also, why is there a 2.5" SSD in the device? It seems these boxes come with random parts - even the WiFi and Bluetooth module is Qualcomm, which is unlike many other reviews :o

So, a brand new, manufacturer-sealed device with a used 2.5" SSD (nearly 2TB in writes), a [Qualcomm] Bluetooth 4.1 compliant (not 4.2 as advertised, even if it does support the feature set), and no 'easy expansion' as advertised since the bay that's meant to be empty has the 2.5" drive in it.

I've not yet written my review and I'll wait for a reply from the manufacturer before doing so. ACEPC appears to have no quality control whatsoever.

Update:There are now WHEA fatal hardware errors. I've messaged the seller (exclusively sells ACEPC products). I've also written a one star review for the device and will be recommending to all Kodi users to avoid it (I'm on Team Kodi).
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

When is the admin/staff going to address the issues? Image
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

tonemapped,

The admin is off on the weekends, so it's likely that you won't see anything from him until at least another 24 hours from now.

Edit: For reference, I approved your posts. I'm a moderator, but I don't work for ACEPC. I'll make sure that the admin is aware that you need help when he gets back. However, with this said, it's probable that he will instruct you to contact after sales support so you can get the issue straightened out, whether that's replacing the disk or the unit or whatever he may suggest or offer. So you have it, the after sales support email address is service@iacepc.com.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tonemapped wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:06 pm SMART info from CrystalDiskInfo matches the info from HWiNFO, which is not surprising. Also, why is there a 2.5" SSD in the device? It seems these boxes come with random parts - even the WiFi and Bluetooth module is Qualcomm, which is unlike many other reviews :o

So, a brand new, manufacturer-sealed device with a used 2.5" SSD (nearly 2TB in writes), a [Qualcomm] Bluetooth 4.1 compliant (not 4.2 as advertised, even if it does support the feature set), and no 'easy expansion' as advertised since the bay that's meant to be empty has the 2.5" drive in it.

I've not yet written my review and I'll wait for a reply from the manufacturer before doing so. ACEPC appears to have no quality control whatsoever.

Update:There are now WHEA fatal hardware errors. I've messaged the seller (exclusively sells ACEPC products). I've also written a one star review for the device and will be recommending to all Kodi users to avoid it (I'm on Team Kodi).
Hello tonemapped
The standard SSD machine in the factory is to be tested. Normally, there will be residual data under test pressure. This is normal. After reinstalling the system, the disk cannot be completely emptied. You can still find the records with the software. Regarding the product you received, it Occupies a 2.5-inch hard drive slot. This is our unchanged version. We recycled machines with 2.5SSD this year and replaced them with internal hard drives.
This may be a product stuck in an Amazon warehouse. We hope to compensate you for a new M.2 hard drive so that you have a wonderful shopping experience. We have never used the Qualcomm Bluetooth module regarding Bluetooth issues, so we don't know where your problem is. Please provide relevant instructions.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “J4125(GK3)”