J4125/6GB/120GB

tonemapped

J4125/6GB/120GB

Post by tonemapped »

Hello,

I bought the (I think) GK3 model (J4125/6GB) and it seems OK, although the SSD had over 1.4TB of use as new. This is not a new device and I will leave a negative review.

I plan on installing Windows 10 Pro fresh from a USB key. Which drivers are needed? The device box shows it as GK3 and AK3.

Thank you.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: J4125/6GB/120GB

Post by Gabe »

@tonemapped,

If it was supposed to be new, I would contact the seller for a replacement. I wouldn't keep it, as who knows what could be wrong with it. 1.4TB of data is definitely not new. And if it has that much data, it likely means that either the onboard storage has been replaced, or there's an SSD under the cover.

If you knowingly bought it used, you always take a chance.

You can find drivers for both the AK series and GK series units in the File Download section of the forum. When it doubt, download both.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

I bought it directly from Amazon and it was sealed. Looking through event viewer, it seems this is from the factory.

I've downloaded the GK drivers but it's just an image (unless I missed the page). I would like to install my own version of Windows 10 Pro and then install drivers. Thank you for the reply.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

@tonemapped,

The driver file is zipped. You have to unzip it to be able to use the drivers.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
witt

Post by witt »

Hello, this is all the drivers of J4125

tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

I totally missed the last part of the post with the driver package. Found it and now have the drivers. Are you aware of any complications in installing a fresh version of Windows 10 from the USB drive on this device? I've seen some reports that it fails.

Process is very standard:
1. Boot from USB (already set in BIOS)
2. Install Windows 10 Pro from USB drive by formatting existing 'Hoodisk 120GB' drive that came with machine.
3. Boot-up, set-up, install drivers from package.
4. Update drivers from Intel (Again, conflicting posts regarding this. The machine should support the latest Intel Graphics and Intel Display Audio drivers - does it?)

(edit): I meant to add: where I can obtain the Windows 10 Pro key? There is no sticker on the device or box or documentation with the key.
Last edited by tonemapped on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

tonemapped,

If you install the latest version of Windows 10 it is possible that there may be an issue when it comes to drivers. Not definitely, but it is possible. You can try the Intel Driver and Support utility to install drivers after your clean install of the latest version of Windows. As for the latest version of Windows 10 itself, I'm not aware of any issues. Just the possibility of the driver problem.

I would also recommend saving the current systems driver file repository to a USB flash drive or external HDD/SSD as a form of backup. You can find it at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore. Copy the entire FileRepository folder, which contains all of the drivers currently installed, as they can come in handy in a situation where you can't find a current driver for something. The folder will be upwards of 2GB in size. I often use this method when moving to the new version of Windows 10 instead of using what's available to download here. Then, when installing needed drivers, you can use the folder you saved on the flash drive or external drive as the search location for it to automatically find the required driver.

The drivers available from this site are from/for version 2004, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work with the latest version of Windows or even be the same.

Regarding the Windows 10 Product Key, it's embedded, so when you connect to the internet for the first time after your installation the unit should Activate automatically. Also, if you've already had it Activated with the current version the license is stored on the Microsoft servers with your PC's unique signature, which will be recognized when you reconnect after the new version installation. Either way, on internet connection, it will Activate. 🙂
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello tonemapped,
I will focus on solving your two questions, about 1.4TB of data usage. Since the maximum capacity of the hard disk is 120GB, I don't understand what you said about 1.4TB. Hope you can describe in more detail, this is very important. I also hope to solve your doubts.
Regarding the KEY code, you need to enter the settings-Update&Security-Activation to take a screenshot. Let me confirm that you have lost the KEY.
Mr. Gabe has answered your other questions, if you still have doubts, I hope you can add them.
Have a nice day
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
tonemapped

Post by tonemapped »

Here's a photo (typing from phone) of the SMART data. I've only been using this device less than a week. I was mistaken - it's not 1.3TB but 1.9TB.

EClark5483

Post by EClark5483 »

Guess I'll have to agree with the admin 1.4Tb of data is ALOT of data which would require another SSD/Hard drive be installed. These units do not ship with extra storage included, you have to add it yourself. If you have a unit with 1.4Tb of storage and it has anything at all on it, then the unit is not new and someone else added another drive. Myself personally, that happened to me, I'm keeping that extra drive and the data within now belongs to me. After sorting through my new 1.4Tb of data and seeing if there is anything of value, I'd then wipe the drive, and laugh at the idiot who left there old drive in the unit when they sent it back. Honestly do not think this is the case though because refurbished units are marked as refurbished before being sold. So yeah, something up here. Do you have a screen shot to show that this, what I am assuming, is a 2Tb or higher drive, being attached? As for the drivers, just do the windows 10 install and then do a system update, the drivers will install by themselves, those that don't will be found under windows update under the extra downloads when you click "VIEW OPTIONAL UPDATES". There will be a drop down box where you can select all the recommended drivers.
Last edited by EClark5483 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube channel: Phreakwar PC Custom Builds

Return to “J4125(GK3)”