- The screen breaks near the left side when the mouse moves there
- WiFi does not work out of the box
- Ubunbtu thinks that there is a battery
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LINUX Install

Post by admin »

If you are using ubuntu system, you need to install the required drivers to make the machine run normally, such as Bluetooth driver and WiFi driver, sorry we cannot provide technical support for this.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
roddie

Post by roddie »

I'm wondering if you can provide the chipset or manufacturer's name for the BT and Wifi interfaces?

If so, I can try to document the driver installation process for Ubuntu and post it for the community either in the Forums or on my blog.

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We didn't, and the original hardware manufacturer did not develop this driver. We only do Ubuntu 16.04, the driver is our own transplantation. This is the download address of this version: Ubuntu 16.04: https://mega.nz/#!owxXUKKQ!9kS3k-njgNfx ... LQYvhjMi5I
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
roddie

Post by roddie »

Thank you! I will try to figure out how to get it working in Ubuntu 20.04 and let the forums know if I have any success.
roddie

Post by roddie »

I've managed to get both Bluetooth and Wireless working on my T8 with Ubuntu Server 20.04 and Linux Mint 20

Enter these commands:

Code: Select all

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RPi-Distro/firmware-nonfree/master/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt

sudo cp brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt

sudo reboot
The wireless interface should appear as wlan0 after a reboot - You can use this command to verify:

inxi -Fxz | grep wlan
Results:

roddie@automation:~$ inxi -Fxz | grep wlan
  IF-ID-11: wlan0 state: down mac: <filter> 
I tested this method with both Ubuntu Server 20.04 and Linux Mint 20.

I will test on the GK2 when they are back in stock on Amazon.

Good luck everyone!
spikerguy

Post by spikerguy »

Great..
Thanks for sharing.

Can you try removing this file and installing linux-firmware
Usually this package contains all the latest wifi firnwares so users don't have to manually copy it.
roddie

Post by roddie »

Thanks for the reply - I already had linux-firmware installed, but was never able to see the wifi adapter until I manually downloaded that file (this seems to be a common gap with some Broadcom chipsets according to some Google hits).

roddie@automation:~$ apt list | grep linux-firmware

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

linux-firmware/focal-updates,now 1.187.1 all [installed,automatic]
I'm not actually using wifi on my device - I was just bored and trying to help other users who might want to run Linux on it with wifi :-)
cmulk

Post by cmulk »

For others looking for help with wifi on linux and ending up here. I found that my T11 plus actually has a Realtek wifi card, rather than broadcom like most other posts seem to show. Please take a look at my post here for the solution that work for me: viewtopic.php?p=1523#p1523
rrs

Post by rrs »

I would just like to give Roddie a big thank you for that post in regards to broadcom wifi not working on ACEPC T11 running Linux distros. I tried probably 10 distros on the ACEPC T11 and all of them did not recognize the broadcom wifi. After reading his post I just copied the commands into the terninal and vola my Broadcom wifi was working perfectly after that. I tried it on MXLinux 19.3 and the latest KDE Neon Version.

Thanks again Roddie for posting this - I was looking for quite a while to find a solution on the internet.

rrs :D

Return to “Troubleshooting”