LINUX Install

Post by Willian »

Can you install Linux on ACEPC AK1 Mini PC :?:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LINUX Install

Post by admin »

:idea: Hello,If you install Linux to the unit,you need to reinstall the drive by yourself or it may cause the HDMI and wifi not working. we are very sorry to tell you that we can not provide any tech support about the Linux. Thanks for your kind understanding. 8-)
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
spikerguy

Post by spikerguy »

Willian wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 am Can you install Linux on ACEPC AK1 Mini PC :?:
Hello Willian,

Can you try booting into Live ISO of Ubuntu or Manjaro Linux? Please try to boot from USB Stick into the Live ISO and you will be able to run the whole Linux OS from the USB. If everything works fine using the USB then you can go ahead and instead the OS onto the SSD/HDD using the installation guide provided in the Live ISO.

If you need any help then feel free to ask me.

Thank you.
elgarcho

Post by elgarcho »

sorry to hijack, but the topic just fits.
Hello Spikerguy,

I put lubuntu 20.04 on a usb, ran it live and did the install. I chose erase disk since I dont want windows. The install finished, but after the reboot it just hangs at the splash screen.

I tried changing the boot order. The bios shows 2 "ubuntu". Tried booting from each one, but it's the same symptoms, ie. hanging splash or black screen.

I'm trying this on the T11.

Does Majaro linux work?

Thanks!
Gialolinx

Post by Gialolinx »

Debian 10 Buster as a router, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, works fine.
ACEPC T11 - GATEWAY/ROUTER - CLOUD - PRINT/SCAN - NAS/MEDIA SERVER
spikerguy

Post by spikerguy »

elgarcho wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:49 pm sorry to hijack, but the topic just fits.
Hello Spikerguy,

I put lubuntu 20.04 on a usb, ran it live and did the install. I chose erase disk since I dont want windows. The install finished, but after the reboot it just hangs at the splash screen.

I tried changing the boot order. The bios shows 2 "ubuntu". Tried booting from each one, but it's the same symptoms, ie. hanging splash or black screen.

I'm trying this on the T11.

Does Majaro linux work?

Thanks!
There must be something else needed or sometimes it takes quite long for the Ubuntu to start on some devices.

Technically Manjaro Linux should work without any problem unless the device is having 32-bit BIOS instead of 64-bit.
Gialolinx wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:21 pm Debian 10 Buster as a router, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, works fine.
This is nice and looks like you're doing all the routing config using cli and no UI ?
Or you can just run IPFire which is a Linux bases router/firewall OS or OpnSense which is based on Freebsd.
Gialolinx

Post by Gialolinx »

spikerguy wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:38 am This is nice and looks like you're doing all the routing config using cli and no UI ?
Or you can just run IPFire which is a Linux bases router/firewall OS or OpnSense which is based on Freebsd.
I use a debian (buster) standard server without x,
ACEPC T11 - GATEWAY/ROUTER - CLOUD - PRINT/SCAN - NAS/MEDIA SERVER
roddie

Post by roddie »

I'm running Ubuntu Server 20.04 on my T8 with very few minor problems - It was just a normal install; flash the ISO to a USB, boot from USB, install.

I also installed Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 the same way.

The only issues I've run into:
  • I don't see the Wifi adapter in Ubuntu Server (I didn't try with Desktop) - I have not tried to troubleshoot this
  • Power settings must be disabled in Ubuntu Desktop otherwise it tries to sleep unsuccessfully
  • T8 won't boot without an HDMI monitor connected - I solved this with an $8 USD part from Amazon that emulates a 1920x1080 HDMI monitor. I don't want to spam the forums, but you can find one by searching for "HDMI Emulator"
I am currently running with HomeAssistant and Plex Server.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

After installing the ubuntu system, you need to install the driver separately in order to make the computer run normally. We are sorry that we cannot provide you with technical support in this regard.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
roddie

Post by roddie »

Mine is running normally without a driver - I wasn't reporting any issues.

I think it's a great device for running Linux!

Return to “Troubleshooting”