Re: GK1 BIOS

Post by iplclint »

GK1 and purchase last week on Amazon.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you also installed the LINUX system, if this is the case, you need to download the relevant driver to use it normally, WIFI driver download: https://mega.nz/#!8oJBWAJB!vmAmmdiGG05w ... Gf5sXlVXM8
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
NepeZingo

Post by NepeZingo »

As I already told you is a matter of BIOS not wireless driver, because it happens with any wireless plugged to the computer, I tested it with two USB ones.

When I suspend the computer and start again, every WiFi adapter starts working fine, so again its not wireless driver. I am really start to thinking that you don't have any BIOS update file, cause you make a lot of questions and insist to ignore all the other issues I'm pointing to you.

The answer to the question you ask me previously about BIOS version, it reads 5.13.

And was really difficult to take a good picture of the "EVALUATION VERSION" text as it desapear really fast (please I need a response on these one, I want an explanation), but here it is:
IMG_20200518_125812.jpg
IMG_20200518_125812.jpg (79.13 KiB) Viewed 4472 times
IMG_20200518_125707.jpg
IMG_20200518_125707.jpg (226.94 KiB) Viewed 4472 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You need to do the driver transplant yourself. Linux WIFI is missing and has nothing to do with BIOS. No WIFI has nothing to do with BIOS.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
NepeZingo

Post by NepeZingo »

And the "EVALUATION COPY" thing?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1.Linux driver, you need to do transplantation or development by yourself.
2. What is EVALUATION COPY, please take a screenshot on the question page.

3.linux, the major hardware manufacturers do not develop drivers, like intel, broadcom, realtek do not develop drivers for linux.

4. Non-essential Linux drivers, such as large-volume orders, or development costs such as 200,000. We can do this system.
NepeZingo

Post by NepeZingo »

You know nothing about Linux clearly, but it's ok.

Just stop wasting my time, I already post the screenshot of the "EVALUATION COPY", also I already told you is not the drivers, I got the drivers working for all my 3 wireless adapters, its just that the BIOS make the OS think the wireless "switch" is off, I already told you all that but the only thing you post is BS about drivers.

Its also clear you don't have any BIOS update file

I got two ACEPC GK1 with the same version of Linux and one of them is not working properly thanks to you. I will use my fix, suspending the PC and resuming to just turn on WiFi. Thanks again for wasting my time.

If the next post from you is not the BIOS update file, I will leave two bad reviews on your product.
spikerguy

Post by spikerguy »

Hello Dear,

I am a linux enthusiast and Maintainer as Manjaro Linux community.
I agree that you need a working BIOS Copy to ignore is showing you the Evaluation Copy.

As I don't have a working GK1 to test it myself but I think admin should just send you a working bios firmware copy to flash it.

Also Regarding Linux there are all the drivers available, We ate Manjaro try to coordinate with the OEM's and get a working Manjaro Image for new hardware releases, Not many OEM are accepted it but there is a progress. Lets see if ACE PC will follow the same process of giving Linux distro a chance.

I am just a forum user here so don't count it as another post from ace pc admin :lol:

@admin just send the OP a bios firmware copy for GK1.

Thank you for using linux and promoting it ;)
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can contact our mailbox for after-sales processing. I'm sorry that the product did not satisfy you. We have no professional engineers in LINUX, so you need to be professional enough to use this system. After-sale email: service@iacepc.com
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

The the following is for a different CPU, and therefore model, just in case it may help...

https://bbs.minisforum.com/threads/wifi ... /post-3295

I imagine that, like these mini PCs with Windows, there is a driver configuration file that it needs. Not a driver, but a configuration file. The 4345r6nvram text file. Without this, the WiFi doesn't work when using Windows, at least with the model noted, but I imagine that with the GK1 it might be the same.

Again, I'm not saying that this is definitely the solution, but it might be worth taking a look at.

Good luck.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”