GK3 Secure boot bios update

Quick Fix.
simonelombardo

Re: GK3 Secure boot bios update

Post by simonelombardo »

Last edited by simonelombardo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

Gabe wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:10 am
Servo128 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:58 pm What a negative post this is. We have spent money on these mini pc's and expect that they would be catered for. I've had mine four weeks and I paid the extra for the 12 gig version and now it's doomed to the box it came in.
I'm sorry you see it as a negative post. It wasn't meant to be.

Why is it "doomed to the box it came in"? Does it no longer work?
I bought the computer for future use and to save money from energy increases. I've now bought a Mele Fanless mini pc, with the same specs as the Gk3, and guess what? Windows 11 ready out of the box.
stevesmith099

Post by stevesmith099 »

Could you dump your bios since you have the Secure boot option? Platform-wise GK3 and AK3 might be similar.

I kind of know what you mean but I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Surely what we need is a copy of the older bios that was on the GK3 that had the same features of the one on my AK3v? I cant understand why ACE PC wouldn't just do the decent thing here, it just goes against all business instincts.
Servo128

Post by Servo128 »

So I decided to email acepc support

I wrote

Hi
I bought a Gk3 mini computer last month, and now windows 11 is here it won’t install.
I’m aware of work arounds, but that could stop at any moment.
When will you be adding “Secure Boot” to a new bios. If you look on your forums
You will see a huge thread requesting it. When the machine was new and went to the reviewers it DID have Secure boot in the bios.

Regards Robert

Hello
Thanks for your order and message.
We understand that you want to upgrade to windows11 online, and the option of safe boot is not turned on in our Bios.
Because Bios does not have a safe boot option, it can only be upgraded to windows11 through the mirror download and reinstallation system provided by us, and cannot be upgraded to windows11 online through Microsoft push.
This is the windows11 beta version released on the ACEPC forum in July. The upgrade mirror and tutorial download link: https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1094
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Have a good day!
Best regards
Nick

I never asked for "safe boot"
stevesmith099

Post by stevesmith099 »

ACEPC a serious brand? Hmmm, how much longer will it be a brand is the question I think.
simonelombardo

Post by simonelombardo »

Last edited by simonelombardo on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Speed_zgz

Post by Speed_zgz »

Gabe wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:17 am
Speed_zgz wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:41 pm
And.. what if some of us buy this ACPC because, as seen in the YT video, comply with all requirements to update to W11 and when receive the unit, it's not what seems to be ??
Who have the fault ??
If ACEPC has a video on Youtube that states that a unit is Windows 11 ready, that's a different story, and the particular unit absolutely should support Windows 11.
If ACEPC sent a unit to be tested and showed in a video and you can be seen clearly on it options in BIOS and the hardware necesary that meets W11 requirements and when you buy that unit on Amazon, some of that showed features are not on the unit you deliver, that is false advertising
And if ACEPC built that BIOS with Secure Boot option (an option who are in every bios since 10 years ago) why does not include the same BIOS in the products actually sold now?
No teacher's pet response, please!
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

nmeuret wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:26 am The problem Gabe is you keep posting message trying to be on AcePC side, like one of their employee or some super admin you are not. You are not on our side, the side of people who just bought a PC that lakes basic security features and cannot install Windows 11 like all other (serious) brands do.

AcePC is not a serious brand, we should all aware of that now.
I'm not on anyone's side, including ACEPC's. I'm simply here to do my best to help people when they're having issues, as I do on a number of sites. It's something I enjoy.

I simply expressed an opinion based on experience. You don't have to agree with it.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
greudeucis

Post by greudeucis »

stevesmith099 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:03 am greudeucis, Beg Pardon told you wrong so I've been in and checked, On the AK3v I went into BIOS then Boot tab, bottom item FTPM, (ENTER) change to Enable. Then Security Tab, Secure Boot enable, then it gave me another menu with another secure boot option where I had to go from Disabled to Enabled again. that was it, save and exit, ran the tool and it passed. I've been running Windows 11 for 1 week now as it came out on 5th of October and I'm in the Windows Insider Programme so got it on the release day. The upgrade is quite slow (even though I have a VM 200m/bit connection) the whole thing took about 2 hours.
I've done a security upgrade this morning (Windows Defender item) and everything works fine. Just wish the GK3 would update.
Thank you for your fast reply. I have enabled FTPM but no Secure boot menu in the Security tab for me. :( It is so frustrating. I saved changes, everything. One thing I also noted is that after reboot when I press F7 to have boot options, it does not work. It boots into windows.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

greudeucis wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:41 pm One thing I also noted is that after reboot when I press F7 to have boot options, it does not work. It boots into windows.
Check in the BIOS to see if 'Fast Boot' is an option and if it is enabled. If it is, just as a test, disable it and then see if you can then enter the F7 boot menu after you perform a reboot.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Troubleshooting”