GK1: LED turns on, but nothing else happens

Quick Fix.
dingdongyo

GK1: LED turns on, but nothing else happens

Post by dingdongyo »

i have a GK1. when i turn it on, the blue LED light turns on. but nothing else happens. Nothing ever shows on the display (i've tried both HDMI ports). The lights (numlock, capslock, etc) in my wired USB keyboard don't turn on.

I created a Windows install USB using https://www.iacepc.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8e1baea1f6, but I cannot get it to boot to a recovery environment. When i hold F7 during the boot, nothing at all happens on the screen. the blue LED will temporarily shut off and turn back on, but there are no other changes.

what could this indicate? what can i try?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: GK1: LED turns on, but nothing else happens

Post by Gabe »

I would try a BIOS discharge. The following video is for a BIOS discharge on the AK1, but the GK1's case and system board layout are practically the same as the AK1.

If the BIOS discharge does not help, the next step would be contacting ACEPC's after sales support at service@iacepc.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
dingdongyo

Post by dingdongyo »

thank you for the advice, Gabe. unfortunately there's no difference after discharge.

i will try support, although i bought this particular machine on ebay. i hope they agree to support me.
witt

Post by witt »

If your PC’s indicator light is on and the wired keyboard number light does not respond, it means that the PC has not booted into the system. Take out the button battery through the method provided by Gabe and check whether the fan is spinning after booting. If the fan does not rotate, it means that there is a problem with the PC motherboard. , Need to contact after-sales replacement or repair
dingdongyo

Post by dingdongyo »

thank you, witt. the fan doesn't turn on regardless of the BIOS battery being plugged/unplugged. it was an ebay purchase from a reseller, but at least they gave me the option to return for a refund. i'll be doing that shortly.

Return to “Troubleshooting”