AK2 does not boot up.

Quick Fix.
simon518

AK2 does not boot up.

Post by simon518 »

I have an AK2 (Intel J3455), which I have had for nearly 2 years. I don’t use it very often. Currently it is very difficult to start up, and only boots up once in approximately 20 attempts (i.e. it takes me at least an hour to get it working!).
When I attempt to turn it on, the blue light comes on, and nothing else happens, I do not get the ACEPC start-up logo displayed on my monitor (which is usually displayed as it powers up). After waiting a few minutes, with nothing happening I have to hold in the power button to turn it off and try again. The blue light remains on until I shut it down. It has not overheated, as this fault occurs when the unit is completely cold.
On the rare occasions when it does start, the ACEPC start-up logo is initially displayed on the monitor, and it successfully boots into Windows. It then works fine until I shut down, when again it invariably fails to boot up. I am unable to go into the BIOS settings, as the start up sequence is not getting that far.
I have tried using a different display, and a different HDMI cable, which made no difference. There is nothing connected other than the power cable and HDMI cable. I have tried resetting the BIOS by disconnecting the BIOS battery and shorting the connector, as shown in one of your support videos, but that did not make any difference.
Can you help?
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK2 does not boot up.

Post by Gabe »

I would try disconnecting everything but the monitor, then see if it starts up. If it does, try reconnecting your mouse and keyboard.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just like Gabe said, if it is still invalid, please contact our after-sales email: service@iacepc.com
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
simon518

Post by simon518 »

I had already tried removing everything connected to my AK2 other than the power lead and the HDMI cable, and it didn't make any difference.
I have since discovered that if it fails to boot up, if I remove the power lead for 30 seconds, before re-connecting it and then attempting to boot up again, it boots up about once in every 5 attempts, i.e. it doesn't take as many attempts to get it to boot up. I shouldn't have to do this, and it should boot-up every time without any issues, as it did when I first purchased it. However it now only takes 5-10 mins to get it working which although not ideal, I can live with as I don't use it very often. Will see how it goes for now, and if it gets worse I'll contact support.
rogerinfrance

Post by rogerinfrance »

Hi if you go through my history, mine did that and other problems. A windows update caused some of my problems BUT start the machine up, just onece and leave it with its blue light on. go away and does it "just come on". If it does leave it, you will get a load of MS updates, without switching off just update leaving the machine on. Suddenly mine just started working and now works fine. I am guessing MS had loads of glitches. It may be your problem as well. Hopefully. Mine was left on for weeks! R

Return to “Troubleshooting”