No wired ethernet

Quick Fix.
sdd

No wired ethernet

Post by sdd »

New AK3V unit. Wifi works and connects, but under network connections tab there is a Bluetooth and Wifi connection, but no wired connection. In device manager under network adapter no wired connection even with show hidden devices turned on.

Suggestions?
witt

Re: No wired ethernet

Post by witt »

Hello, you can try to see if your network cable is useful on other devices. When the mini computer is plugged into the wired network, the indicator light will light up. If it does not light up, there is usually a problem with the network cable.
sdd

Post by sdd »

The cable is good and it works fine with a different PC. The issue is within the AK3v in that windows itself does not even recognize that there is an ethernet adapter in the network connections tab and the device manager shows no ethernet adapter only wifi, Bluetooth and the Wan miniports for vpn.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello, I am sorry that you have encountered such a problem, please contact our after-sales mailbox to solve the problem: service@iacepc.com.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
rogerinfrance

Post by rogerinfrance »

Check to make sure that wifi is turned off. Little radar type insignia at bottom right, click and turn off Wifi The machine really likes wifi and would prefer that so you have to turn it off. Anyway try it, see what happens.
sdd

Post by sdd »

Wired port was dead. After market sales/support sent me a new PC. Thanks to "ServiceNick" Now to see if I can load Debian on it.
sdd

Post by sdd »

Follow up, Debian installed on a SSD added to the system in a dual boot using GRUB as the boot loader. Windows 10 is still on the 64g eMMC. I used the graphical loader. I needed to load the iwlwifi drivers to get the WIFI to be recognized. To do that the repository that is loaded by default needs to be edited to a "non-free" repository.
dragonpoo

Post by dragonpoo »

So @sdd, you're saying you got debian working with no driver issues? That's good to know!
GK3V (J4125/8GB/128GB) | AMR5 (R5 5600U/16GB/512GB NVMe) | JK06 (N5100/8GB/256GB) | AK1Pro (N5105/8GB/256GB) | T8Pro (N5095/8GB/256GB) | AD03 (N95/8GB/256GB) | CK10 (i7-10810U/16GB/512GB) | S1 (N95/16GB/512GB)
sdd

Post by sdd »

The wired driver worked fine on setup, the wifi needed an update of the packages using the "non-free" repository. The wifi seems to be working fine with the full gnome install. I have not had a chance to check the bluetooth connections.

Return to “Troubleshooting”