Regards
Firefox
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK1 BIOS

Post by Gabe »

firefox,

Because I already know they're going to ask, is there a problem you're having with the unit, or something wrong with the BIOS included? Unless there is genuine need, they generally avoid having people do anything with the BIOS due to the risk. Not the options in the BIOS, mind you, but rather flashing a different one to it.

Also, just for reference, the BIOS these units use is tailored to them, so if you're contemplating upgrading the BIOS via the BIOS manufacturer itself, be VERY careful. Even on this forum you'll find at least one example of where a person bricked their unit trying to do so.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
firefox

Post by firefox »

Is there no new BIOS for the AK1??
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

firefox wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:57 am Is there no new BIOS for the AK1??
It's possible there is an updated BIOS compared to the one your unit has, but to know you should take a snapshot of your current BIOS and post it so that the admin can see what you already have.

There's no section to download the BIOS like there is with the system and drivers. They tend to give the BIOS on a need by need basis.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
witt

Post by witt »

I agree with Gabe. They need to disassemble the motherboard and take a picture of the motherboard version before they can know whether the version has updated Bios. Personally, I don’t update Bios easily, but only modify some useful settings.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

witt wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:19 am They need to disassemble the motherboard and take a picture of the motherboard version before they can know whether the version has updated Bios.
Good point. With even a single model having many possible versions of the system board, it'll be important for them to know which board it has as well.

Return to “Troubleshooting”