Faulty Micro SD Card, maybe?

Quick Fix.
TheDonat41

Faulty Micro SD Card, maybe?

Post by TheDonat41 »

This week I purchased the ACEPC Mini PC, 8GB DDR3 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro Intel Celeron J3455 Processor Desktop Computer a superb piece of kit.

At the same I treated myself to a new Micro SD Card 128gb as this was the max card for the pc, on insertion it pops up on the screen so the pc is seeing it but now I have just come to save a file (1MB size) to the SD Card it says "the disk is write protected" see attached screen shots, why would it do that?

It is a micro SD Card so there is no lock on the card and I have tried the diskpart procedure but its made no difference to me saving the file to the card, I am confused (does not take much!) as to why this is happening. I cannot save, create, delete or paste to any of the cards, it will not let me format it either because it again says it is write protected.

I have now tried 3 other Micro SD Cards (new 4gb, new 2gb and another 128gb) and all give me the same message of "the disk is write protected" maybe I am missing the obvious here but any assistance will be gratefully received, could the card slot be faulty, thanks in advance.
Attachments
format2
format2
screen3.jpg (203.38 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
format1
format1
screen2.jpg (154.01 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
write protected
write protected
screen1.jpg (334.82 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
Micro SD Card package
Micro SD Card package