Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization in Windows 10

Please discuss some frequently asked questions here!
n5moh

Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization in Windows 10

Post by n5moh »

Hi,
I just bought the following ACEPC stick running windows 10 Pro

Unfortunately, I am having too many issues with windows 10 on this device.
1 . During the initial setup there was one error as it could not configure windows to be a standalone or part of organisation (domain).
Once the setup was complete I had more issues
2. I could not install new applications such as Dropbox.
3. In Windows update I get at the top in red "Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization in Windows 10" and then no update can install.
4. Under Windows security I get Account Protection - Actions recommended and when I click on it I get "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" but I can't find.
5. When I download any app such as chrome and try to install I get Search for app in the Store, you need to install an app for this task. If select No it will try to install it.
6. Finally, the wifi connection is not reliable as I can access the google web site but note sites like bbc.co.uk

Any help will be most welcome.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization in Windows 10

Post by Gabe »

n5moh,

See if the information in the following post helps.

viewtopic.php?p=368#p368

The other problems may be occurring because of Windows updates you need, and hopefully the information in that post will allow that.

If it does not, AND if your model has Windows 10 Pro (it MUST be Pro), try the following...

Bring up your "Run" prompt (Windows button + R) and type in "gpedit.msc", without the quotes, then click OK. In the Group Policy Editor go to Computer Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Windows Components >> Windows Update. You may need to maximize the window and move the vertical separation bar between the left options and right large whitespace to the right a bit so you can see all of the words. When you click on Windows Update you should see a bunch of options show up on the right. Double click on "Configure Automatic Updates". In the box, if the options are not already Enabled select Enabled, then click Apply. Then choose one of the options on the left. I use option #2, which notifies me of updates being available, but lets me choose when/whether to download and install them. After making your selection, again click Apply, then click OK. Then restart your computer and try Windows Update again.

Please keep in mind that major updates, like going from version 1909 to version 2004, or even 2004 to 20H2, can cause issues, so it's always best to perform a backup of some type before performing these types of updates, such as a system image backup or at least a file backup. That doesn't mean they will cause issues, but only that they can, so it's best to be prepared.

Hope this helps. 🙂
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “FAQ”