AK3V WiFi issue

Quick Fix.
SergS

AK3V WiFi issue

Post by SergS »

I got problem with unstable WiFi signal after I had installed 2.5 sata drive to the mini pc.

I found that problem occures becasue of bad wifi antenna placement - in my case one antenna are placed behind SATA cable - this is why in case if SATA drive connected - the wifi signal becomes unstable.

I moved antenna to other corner of device and problem was solved !
photo5244780184182304922.jpg
photo5244780184182304922.jpg (185.6 KiB) Viewed 3969 times
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK3V WiFi issue

Post by Gabe »

Serg5,

I had the exact same issue with my AK3V and had to do the same thing. I noticed that it was okay if I didn't seat the add SSD all the way down in place, as in just connecting it and letting it temporarily lay there without being pushed down and screwed in place. Once it was pushed down and screwed in place the WiFi would mess up. I assumed that in the process of pushing that SATA adapter down in that little space, the adapter wires were pushing against the antenna wires, so I first just moved the antenna wires out of the way, and while it seemed to help a little, it ultimately wasn't enough. So, I then unstuck the antennas and spread them further apart, and also made sure to route them in such a way that the SATA connector wire would no longer push against them. It then worked perfectly.

It's interesting to see that I wasn't the only one to experience this.

I'd like to add one thing: If whoever is reading this thread has the same issue and does the same, BE CAREFUL with those antenna wires, as they are quite delicate and easy to break.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
SergS

Post by SergS »

Gabe wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:18 pm I'd like to add one thing: If whoever is reading this thread has the same issue and does the same, BE CAREFUL with those antenna wires, as they are quite delicate and easy to break.
New antenna pair cost about 1.5$ on aliexpress. It should be antenna with MHF4 connector type.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

SergS wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:00 pm New antenna pair cost about 1.5$ on aliexpress. It should be antenna with MHF4 connector type.
True, but trying to find the right ones, and then trying to install them properly, would be a bit of a pain. At that point it'd probably just be easier to get an inexpensive USB WiFi dongle.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your suggestion, we have already reflected this issue.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
snich86

Post by snich86 »

Hi, last week I bought on Amazon the AK3 with SSD already mounted and I have the same problem. I have tried to move the antenna as Sergs adviced but unfortunately I didn't solved, I will try to set the wires better as Gabe sad, but if it will not work I will have to return it to Amazon. :(
It would be a pity because this minipc is really good!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry for your troubles. We reported this problem to the factory on November 16th, and it has been fixed so far. You can contact our after-sales mailbox to explain your problem. You can get renewal services or buy products such as AK1 or AK2 that will not have antenna problems due to their different structures.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
jorgealemany

Post by jorgealemany »

I bought and received this product from Amazon. My antennas are placed where are supposed to be ir order to work correctly... BUT the same issue happens, and when I connect my SATA drive, wifi goes unstable and impossible to connect. So, the same problem here and sadly returning the product...

Return to “Troubleshooting”