Bios error - Bios flashing for the wrong machine

Tabango

Bios error - Bios flashing for the wrong machine

Post by Tabango »

Hello everyone,

I did something stupid, I flashed the bios of one of my CK10-C 8259u from Windows 11 with a version for another machine (AZW SEi) thinking I was on the right mini-pc....

It starts but the screen remains black and the hard reset doesn't change anything.

Do you have a solution to reflash the ck-10-c with the original version of AMI bios?

Do you have the original version of the AMI bios for the ck-10-c 8259u?

Thank you in advance for your answers
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Bios error - Bios flashing for the wrong machine

Post by Gabe »

I would contact barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com. Be aware that he may end up requiring some info from the system board itself. Though a successful flash of an incorrect BIOS is somewhat rare, as the software usually does a check to make sure everything matches before the actual flash takes place, it's still possible that at least some of the incorrect firmware actually was flashed to the system. Because of this, it may not be good to rely on the info from the main BIOS screen, hence the possibility that he'll need some info from the system board to determine the exact model and/or revision that you have in order to provide the correct BIOS to flash, if that's an option that could fix it.

Make sure in the email that you explain what happened and the problems it's caused. Also, make sure to note the brand, as the CK10 was sold under a few different brands, such as OUVISLITE, Kamrui, Ace Magician, etc (they're sister brands). I don't know if the brand will make any difference, but just in case.

I hope you have luck in being able to fix it. I have the 8279u version, and it's a good little PC.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
Tabango

Post by Tabango »

Thank you for your advice and explanations.

I came to this forum because the address is written on the back of the device.

With my bad manipulation, the bios that my ck10-c (snunmu) accepted is the following:

CB1D_FV105_AZW_20201222.bin

he went all the way and finished by writing to me in green that everything was finished successfully!

I have a backup of the original ck10-c bios, but I don't know what action I need to do to boot the ck10-c on my usb key (fat32) which contains the original bios file.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Tabango wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:47 am I have a backup of the original ck10-c bios, but I don't know what action I need to do to boot the ck10-c on my usb key (fat32) which contains the original bios file.
Without the script to flash it, I don't either. Hopefully barry will be able to help.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “i5-8279U/i7-10810U/i7-10710U/i7-11390H/i5-12450H (CK10- series)”