AK2 Plus purchased from Amazon wrong Windows 11 edition

Intel® Processor N100 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
Diegovz01

AK2 Plus purchased from Amazon wrong Windows 11 edition

Post by Diegovz01 »

Hi, I just purchased a Kamrui AK2 Plus Mini PC from Kamrui's official store on Amazon. When I booted it up, I realized it comes with Windows 11 Home instead of Pro. Some customers in the reviews state that it comes with Windows 11 Pro, and even the YouTube reviews about this exact model say the same. How can I upgrade it to Pro? A customer in the reviews mentioned that you need to contact Kamrui to ask for a license, so I’m doing that now. If you need proof of purchase, I can provide you the receipt Amazon gave me.

Thanks in advance.

Diego
pausenklaus

Re: AK2 Plus purchased from Amazon wrong Windows 11 edition

Post by pausenklaus »

Some of the more recent devices come with Windows 11 Home. But the Kamrui AK2 Plus i looked up on Amazon does state that it ships with the Pro edition.
Obsessed with MiniPCs
----------------------My Devices--------------------------------
AM07 (Main server) | GK3 (Backup Host) | S1 (Remote PC) | AK1Plus (dev) | AM06Pro (Workstation)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AK2 Plus purchased from Amazon wrong Windows 11 edition

Post by Gabe »

While nearly every model they've sold has come with a Pro version of Windows in the past, they are gradually switching over to Home for most, if not all models.

However, if the description of the unit on Amazon specifically states that the unit comes with the Pro version of Windows 11, I would get a snapshot of where it says it, then send that snapshot, along with your Amazon order number, to barry777, a tech for the company, at barry@minipcunion.com to see if he can provide you with a Windows 11 Pro product key.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Intel® Processor N100(AK2 PLUS)”